“One of the best places to stay in Sudbury”

TownePlace Suites Sudbury
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The room at this hotel was absolutely great. It has a full kitchen with granite tabletops. The bed was very clean and comfortable.The room was quiet and I slept well every night. I travel a lot on business and have stayed in many hotels during my career. This hotel ranks at the top of my list of nice places to stay. The staff were friendly and helpful. I stayed here over a weekend but also would need to stay Monday and Tuesday. Monday was booked solid so I was going to have to find another hotel. The staff however, called me as soon as a space became available and thus I did not have to change hotels. This hotel is close to the mall and all the major restaurants. There is also a Chapters bookstore just down the road.

There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Sudbury

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We arrived at check in. Room wasn't ready. They said to come back in an hour. We went to Costco to kill time. Came back in an hour. Room was still not ready. Told us they would call us when it was ready. Again we left and went across to street to the shopping area. They called and it was ready. Checked in. The staff at the front desk did not care at all about taking care of guests needs. It was a bad first impression right away.

Room was large and very nice. What you expect from a 1 bedroom suite. The bathroom was a nice size.

Breakfast the first day was good. The second day was the holiday Monday of a long weekend. We got to breakfast just before it ended. They hadn't filled anything up even though the room was full of people wanting food. I was so disgusted by the staff's treatment of guests. There was a woman and her daughter in line wanting cereal since that was all that was still out. A staff member came and closed the cupboard door right in front of her. Her and her daughter even had bowls in their hands. I couldn't believe it! That's not right. Maybe don't cook any more food but to take away the cereal when there are people waiting for it? Really? I did the in room comment card for the manager and asked to be contacted. I didn't hear anything from them. As another review mentioned they have a very young inexperienced staff that just don't care about guests.

Room Tip: Go early for breakfast and basically grab what you can because they take it away before the end of b...
Reviewed September 11, 2012

On Monday September 10, 2012 I was stuck for a room, every hotel in Sudbury was fully booked for some very large conferences that were happening around town. I drive a bus for a living and the company uses the Towne Pace Suites Hotel as the preferred vendor for accommodations for their drivers. On this particular night due to a communications problem from my company to the hotel I was stuck without a room and had to drive a shift at 7am the following morning. The staff on duty at the time tried very hard to find me a room somewhere in Sudbury with no success. I called my supervisor and he suggested an alternate hotel that we also use in Sudbury. When I went there all they could offer was for me to go to Sault St. Marie 3 hours away for a room. This was not a satisfactory response as I needed a room close by in order to maximize my sleep time to ensure passenger safety on board my bus.

I returned to the Towne Place Suites and the staff made more calls around town for me and found something five minutes out of town. Unfortunately these accommodations were well bellow substandard and would not have resulted in a restful nights sleep for me again putting passengers at risk on my bus the next morning if I did not have proper rest. Feeling very bad for my situation the staff got together and had a discussion about the situation and came up with a more than acceptable response.

They created a make shift room for me in a meeting room and supplied me with comfortable sleeping quarters and a response to my dilemma that was well beyond any responsibility they had for my situation. This issue was self created me by not securing a room via a reservation thus leaving myself without sleep quarters. The response I received from the staff to this problem was not only satisfactory it was exemplary along with being over and above the call of duty.

I had a very good night's sleep, I was well rested for my long shift and the passengers on my bus were all very complimentary of my alertness and friendliness while they were on my bus. This is a direct result of the treatment I received from the Towne Place Suites by Marriott Sudbury Hotel. If ever you're in Sudbury and are looking for a good night's sleep and a friendly smile and service that goes beyond any of your expectations I highly recommend this hotel. I have never been treated this well at any hotel I have ever stayed at. For the staff to created something out of nothing and find away to ensure I had a good night's rest left me feeling humbled by this entire experience. I had problem, the problem was my own issue to resolve and out of the blue totally unexpected the staff came to me as I sat in the lounge doing paperwork and trying to think of what to do and staff became my savior.

My hats off to the staff on duty, the Managers that allow the staff to be creative and think outside of the box, from the bottom of my heart I am forever grateful and now a loyal customer to this hotel every single time I come into town whether it be for business or personal.

Thank you Towne Place Suites by Marriott, Sudbury, your newest loyal customer Mark!!!!!!

PS for a hotel that does not have a full restaurant service, the quality of the the morning breakfast is very good and tasteful.

1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed September 5, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Just recently stayed at this hotel with my daughter and loved it! Very clean, beautiful rooms, very friendly staff great pool with slide and an awesome breakfast. Very close to all shopping and many restaurants. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay in Sudbury. Note that MIC's retaurant is really the only restaurant within walking distance but food was good. Well worth the money& we will definetly return to this hotel! This is a great addition to Sudbury as I have stayed in many of the older hotels dwontown and this is by far a much better hotel.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

When i booked this hotel I specified that I wanted a room on the back of the building, when I got there they gave me one in the front and told me they were all booked and could not help me???
Resulting in us all not sleeping much that night because of the VERY VERY VERY LOUD !!!!!!!!!! HIghway traffic just outside the hotel - (might as well sleep in a tent outside) Cheap windows????
The next day I got the room that I was supposed to have in the first place @#$%.:(. The second night was fine without the traffic noise but we asked for a wake up call for 6:30 am the next morning and we never got it ??? resulting in us waking up late and being late to an appointment.
Careless Young & Inexperienced Staff. The service is not very professional at the front desk for a hotel like this one resulting in a very sub-par score from us all.

1  Thank robert w
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I booked this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews and I was not disappointed. All staff members were very friendly and the facility was first rate. The two-queen bedroom was spacious and comfortable, with firm mattresses. There was sufficient room in the well-stocked kitchen. We used the propane BBQ to cook suppers and enjoyed the included hot breakfasts. Coffee and lemon drinks were in free in the lobby, and there was a "tuck shop" there to stock up on snacks and small food items. The pool and hot tub were well-maintained, with a conscientious lifeguard on duty. With all its amenities and friendly features, this hotel offers excellent value for the travelling family. We'll use it again and recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: A room at the back of the hotel would be quieter due to the major street out front.
1  Thank Dennis D