“Great family friendly Hotel”

TownePlace Suites Sudbury
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
North Bay, Canada
“Great family friendly Hotel”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My 2 young kids and I stayed at this hotel July 27-July 29. We were in town for a wedding, and this was the first weekend away from home with just dad, no mom.

Upon check-in, I was greeted warmly by 2 young ladies at the desk, who advised me that they would be upgrading my room for me. I had booked the saturday night a while back, and called last minute to book friday as well to make a weekend out of it. I was told on the phone that it was not a problem, but I would have to change rooms. Sure, i thought, no sweat. but, like I said, at check-in i was upgraded to a king suite that the boys and I could stay in for 2 days, no room change. This was HUGE for me. The staff went above and beyond to accomodate me and the kids.
It only gets better from there. It is a new hotel so everything is immacualte. Room is perfectly clean and spacious. Pool is nice for the kids. Hotel has a nice bar to wind down in at night. All in all a great stay, and will be back to this place for sure.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Collingwood, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2012

On a recent trip to Sudbury and left it late to book 3 rooms. Checked out Trip Advisor and went down the list till I got to this hotel who had 3 rooms. All I can say is that if this is ranked 5 in Sudbury the other 4 must be great. Very friendly and efficient check in, great rooms with two beds, plenty of room and granite work surface in the kitchen. These rooms would be great for a family visit. We used the training facilities, the spa and the pool and even had a great time on the water slide. !0% discount at the MIC restuarant next door where the steaks were good. Warm breakfast and good coffee in the morning rounded off a good stay at a great price. I also like the way they emailed my invoice as well as giving me a hard copy as I have been known to loose the odd receipt...or two. Would happily recommend this hotel for both Business and Family.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the 10% discount at MIC next door or visit one of the many restaurants such as the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Keswick Ontario
Reviewed July 24, 2012

When I researched hotels in Sudbury seeing the Towneplace had a kitchen for approximately the same price as the Fairfield down the street we decided to give it a try. Great first impression as every staff member starting with the front desk was extremely courteous and helpful. Room was very well equipped and comfortable. Air conditioning was a bit loud. Breakfast buffet was well stocked with choices for everyone. This seems it would be a perfect hotel for a family that was staying for multiple days. All in all very satisfied with our stay.

red oak, nc
Reviewed July 21, 2012

On our recent vacation, in trying to get from point A to point B it became apparent that we would need to spend the night in Sudbury, Ontario. Not being at all familar with the area, I was a little leary of staying at some random place. I researched various places and liked the looks of Towneplace Suites Sudbury. Boy, I'm glad I picked this hotel. It was incredible!! From checking in till we left, I was pleased. When booking the room, I mentioned that it was my birthday and when we checked in Jasmine said "Happy Birthday" and by the way I've reduced your rate by $25.00. Now, that's a nice way to start and totally unexpected. When we got to the room, we were totally shocked. It was beautiful! Modern, but warm. It had a complete kitchen, including small stove, microwave, dishwasher, and refrigerator. There was a couch with lounging area and then a nice comfortable King sized bed. The bathroom was modern as well with lovely fixtures and a beautiful clean tub, The room itself was a little small, but plenty of room for the two of us to spread out. This hotel was midway on our trip so I decided to do some laundry and Jasmine was very sweet and helpful when the washing machine temporaily did not work... She also recommended a nice place for dinner. Breakfast was also very nice and well organized with items being replenished instantly.Checkout was a breeze. If there is any negative thing at all it would be the view. The front rooms would view the parking lot and the back (which we had) kind of looked out at some woods and a factory area. Noise was not a problem for us at all. Plus the mattress was very comfortable...I think I could live here for a while...which by the way, I think some men were staying more long term.. My husband and I would definetly stay here again and highly recommend this hotel!!

Room Tip: I did see a lot of dogs in the hotel, so if you have allergies you may want to request a room where...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Moosonee, Canada
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Every time I am in Sudbury, this is where we stay! Never had a problem with this place, the staff is friendly and the rooms are always clean. I always recommend this hotel to my Friends and Family and will return here anytime I am in Sudbury.

near Toronto
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed on a weekend and there were la cross teams staying at the hotel also. The room is very functional and clean however the air conditioner is loud and the noise from the hall carries. People were in th halls talking loudly, running in the corridors and banging doors during the night - after 11pm. We called the front desk both nights to complain.

Overall we liked the room - but we would not stay there on a weekend when sports teams are present.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Wawa, Canada
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Rooms were clean, hotel breakfast was fantastic, service was excellent! I loved that there was a bar downstairs, the hotel was very quiet and I enjoyed having a kitchen in my room! Close to great shopping and restaurants!

Room Tip: Inquire about seniors, CAA or government rates to make the stay even more affordable!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business