“Wonderful place to spend our wedding night!”

Travelodge Hotel Sudbury
Ranked #20 of 32 Hotels in Sudbury
Sudbury, Canada
“Wonderful place to spend our wedding night!”
Reviewed October 25, 2010

My wife and I chose the Travelodge for our family and friends to stay at while they were down for our wedding. Making arrangements for our out of town guests was one of my duties. The staff at the Travelodge made it very easy to coordinate and I was very happy with their service. They were very accommodating in checking me in early to prepare our room for my wife and I to return after the reception. My wife and I were very impressed with the comfortable beds and modern decor and were greeted in the morning by smiling faces and congratulations! Nice to see staff that care and take notice of their guests!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 14, 2010

On my trip with my family to Killarnay Park and Georgian bay tourist places we had stayed in this place in 2 x 2 Bedded rooms for a night. Check in was quite fast and reception was excellent. Rooms are great. Beds are quite comfortable, .Bathrooms are excellent equipped with even an ironing table. Best thing is the resturant and they served us the Dinner in our room just at an extra of CAD 3/- for whole service . As a whole it is Value plus for Money

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2010

We booked this hotel through an online website about 3 weeks prior to arriving. When booking we indicated that there were 4 of us - 2 adults and 2 children and that we wanted a non-smoking room. Upon arriving at the hotel the evening of our reservation we were told that they were unable to handle our preferences and that all they had for us was a smoking room with one queen bed. "That is what happens when you book online" is what we were told over and over again. The desk clerk asked if we wanted a cot in the room to accomodate at least one of the kids and we said yes. A few minutes later I asked if there was a charge for the cot and was told it was going to be $15. Again the "That is what happens when you book online" was spouted. We had sleeping bags with us for the kids so they ended up sleeping on the floor (we made it a bit of an adventure for them). All of our clothes and sleeping bags needed to be washed when we got home as they reeked of smoke.

The room was horrible - it reeked of smoke, there was hair on the bathroom floor that wasn't ours and the bedding was old and stained. The bar of soap in the washroom crumbled in my hands when I unwrapped it. The walls were very thin and we could hear noise in the hallway throughout the night.

There are many other hotels in Sudbury and I would hope anyone reading this will learn from our mistake and book another hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank toews6631

Travelers are raving about these Sudbury hotels

Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 31, 2010

This hotel served our purpose as a place to stay while passing through Sudbury. It was clean and looked as though it had been updated. The beds were harder than most. There was no complimentary breakfast and the Perkins that is attached was not air conditioned. We chose to eat somewhere else. I wouldn't want to spend multiple nights in this hotel, but it was fine for one night.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Kapuskasing, Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I hope to stay there again next summer. Really happy about our weekend there.Close to everything , if you are in Sudbury for golf, this is the place, walking distance . People , if you had a good experience, post it, it's nice to hear the good things also .

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed May 2, 2010

I just stayed at the "hotel" for 2 nights.

I was happy I didn't crash on my way back home.

When I checked in I was told I had a queen and a pull out double bed. Ok let's start with what i actually had. I had a double bed and a single pull out. when I ordered my room it was supposed to be two queen sized beds and a pull out.

They didn't even listen to the error they made. They basically said take it or leave it. They had me and they knew it. I was ticked off. I thought I would make the best of it anyway.
The single pull out was a joke. The springs were felt right through the the thin mattress They should be ashamed to charge so much I paid $300 for two nights. They had the audacity to claim those pull outs were actually usable. Most of us would have bought new mattresses or have thrown out the outdated sofa.

I had to stuff the under side of the mattress with the cushions and the soft luggage i brought just so it was tolerable. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep.

They left 3 towels in the room. It took them the following afternoon to get more towels. When we called down to the desk they asked us "did you have a do not disturb sign on your door" NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I didn't.

The floor was filthy so I didn't bother put my mattress on the floor. I probably would have had a better sleep. Shame on you travel lodge and staff.

The kicker was, they knew the service was bad and didn't even bother to ask how was your stay? I was waiting to blast them. They knew better.

all i have to say is IF YOU WANT TO ENJOY YOUR STAY.....DON'T STAY AT TRAVEL LODGE. The only good thing was free internet and Perkins restaurant.

They are really really baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. The worst part is they don't care.

One last thing. They claim to have a gym but most of the equipment do not work. Oh and there isn't any real air flow in that small space.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Traveller240313
Midland
Reviewed March 11, 2010

Sadly I have to say that this is the worst hotel I have ever had the misfortune to stay at. I was shocked that for $129 per night (corprate rate) I had to sleep on sheets that were see through, no fitted sheet just 2 flat sheets, use towels that felt like sand paper, pillows that were so flat I may as well not used them and sleep on a bed that I could feel the springs in. I paid an extra $10 for a drive up room and when I asked at the front desk about parking the man at the service desk told me that I only paid for a patio door, I was not paying for parking as it was not guaranteed. When I asked him what if I come back and there is no where to park he again said parking is not guaranteed. What I took from that was if the hotel parking lot is full no matter that I am paying good money to stay here I would have to find somewhere else to park my vehicle and walk back to the hotel!!! This is UNHEARD of! I have never been so disgusted. I can honestly say that I will NEVER recommend a Travelodge to anyone, infact after this stay I will make sure to let everyone I know not to ever stay at one. What a disappointment and a complete rip off.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business