“First and last time we stay here”

Travelodge Hotel Sudbury
Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The look of the hotel is great, the restaurant is great, but as for the rooms can't find anything good to say. Stayed for two nights,but had two different rooms since I had no cancellations. First room king size bed was very uncomfortable, we woke up the next day with sore arms, back and neck. Pillows were really lumpy. As for the bathroom, the bathtub area had mould growing on the caulking. Would it really hurt to javex it or replace the caulking once in a while. Not impress. Then we complained about the mould because of my mould allergy. They gave us another room. This king size bed was better, but the pillows still lumpy. AS for the bathroom, seriously if I complain of mould in the tub why on earth would you give me another room with more mould. I received no discount or anything. Never again.

Room Tip: Make sure to mention you want a room with NO mould in the bathroom.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Emily L
Gynette_Cousineau-GM, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

I'm extremely disappointed to hear about your experience with us. While the Travelodge Hotel Sudbury does not necessarily cater to every taste, we strive to uphold the highest level of guest service, as it is the highlight of most of our other reviewer's feedback. I am confident that our upcoming room and bathroom renovation will be an impressive enhancement. It is my hope that you will visit again and allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel for two nights and I was very impressed. When I arrived the staff was trying to accommodate quite a few residents who were flooded out of their homes. I found the staff showed genuine care and kindness to these unexpected guests who did not plan staying in a hotel for who knows how long. Many were with children or elderly people who I am sure were very trying.
I was there on a business trip and was very unfamiliar with the area. When I checked in the two agents at the front desk was very helpful assisting with stores that would be open on a Sunday evening so I could pick up some last minute items.
The next morning I exited the elevator to find an elderly person struggling with the front door. The person at the front desk (Melissa) came running out from the front desk to quickly assist the guest. Whenever I passed the desk and Melissa was there, I was greeted with a warm smile and some conversation.
I was also very impressed with the room attendants. When I walked down the halls and passed by an attendant I was always greeted with a smile and hello.
Whatever this hotel is doing, keep it up. I look forward to my next trip to Sudbury and staying again at this property.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Gynette_Cousineau-GM, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your comments. I am delighted to hear that your stay with us was a positive one. We strive everyday to make each one of our guests feel valued, welcomed and appreciated. We are certainly fortunate to have employees, like Melissa to ensure we are doing exactly that! On behalf of the entire team, it was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Reviewed March 27, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Gynette_Cousineau-GM, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Reviewed March 17, 2013

The hotel is very clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful. They had a cot in our room before we got there. We needed some extra linen and it was brought to our room within minutes. We stayed in a king suite and it was by far the biggest hotel room that I've stayed in. The pool and whirlpool were awesome. It's a very kid friendly hotel. Check in and checkout were quick and easy. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Kransom

Hi there Kransom,

You just made my day! I love hearing that our guests had a great experience. I am glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy some of our amenities too, like the pool. Please bring your family and come visit us again soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I coordinated a workshop at the Sudbury Travelodge and Jennifer Keen and her staff were fantastic. Anything that I needed they provided, including batteries when our wireless mouse died and the Serenity Suite (at no charge) for quiet work space.

The food was good and served on time and they put out coffee earlier than asked for because they noticed people arrived early. The coffee cake/cinnamon bun cake was to die for - make sure you ask for it. Apparently someone that works there came up with the idea. It was a huge hit with our group.

It was a great experience all around and I would suggest/recommend the Travelodge for meetings/conferences.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear KTRWAnderson,

Thank you so much for your review and your recommendation. I am delighted to hear that your meeting was a success - it's what we strive for everyday. I have shared your comments with Jennifer and the staff. I have also shared with Linda, our baker, your appreciation for her cinnamon bun cake. She’s glad you liked it!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I just left Sudbury and checked out of the Travelodge hotel today! I was there for over a week for work! It was great!
My room had TWO large TVs, french glass doors dividing the bedroom and a living space. A couch, decent sized bathroom, overall it's like a little bachorette! Nicest hotel my work has ever paid for. Now expect no less from them hehehe

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Gynette_Cousineau-GM, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Hi Jane P, I am so glad you enjoyed your room. Aren’t our suites great? Lots of room, convenient and comfortable. You will be happy to know that we have some very exciting changes scheduled for the spring that will make all of our rooms even more enjoyable. I hope you will have the opportunity to visit again soon to see what we’ve done. Thanks so much for your comments. It’s always such a pleasure to hear from our guests.