“Amazing Staff!”

Travelodge Hotel Sudbury
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I don't know where the knocks against customer service come from, the staff there is so welcoming and friendly, including housekeeping! Everyone made us feel at home and gave great selections for attractions/dining. The rooms were clean, quiet and very comfortable. This is a wonderful place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Gynette_Cousineau-GM, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Dear JP L,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It is always such a pleasure to hear from our guests. I have shared your comments with our staff and they are delighted to hear that their efforts do not go unnoticed and are encouraged to keep doing what they do best! We are working on some updates and hope you will enjoy them on your next stay with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Convenient location, room was clean, front desk staff were welcoming. The adjoining restaurant has a reasonable menu for both breakfast and dinner. The bed was comfortable. There is a Tim Horton’s about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Gynette_Cousineau-GM, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Hi there Casper-sk,

I am delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. Your comments have already been shared with the housekeeping and front desk staff and they say thanks for the feedback. It's always a pleasure to hear from our guests. We are happy you were able to enjoy some of the facilities too, like Perkins Restaurant. We are looking forward to having you back and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we're doing.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

What happened to good customer service. We arrived around 8PM on Friday the 13th... not busy and no one at the desk... the young girl who finally greeted us did not have a welcoming approach... appeared to be in a bad mood... room was comfortable but could hear loud noises from the AC... the next day the agents on duty - they weren't smiling either... I think MGT should have a long look at why their staff are walking around with long faces. Only 1 good thing was Perkins Restaurant we received a warm welcome by Guy Chauvin... all smiles Maybe he should be coaching your staff at the front desk.. I will not recommend the Travelodge hotel to anyone... we're going back to the Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: I do not recommend this Hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Gynette_Cousineau-GM, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Hello Lorie S,

Thank you for taking the time to send me your comments. I too, am disappointed that your experience with us was not as pleasant as it should have been. Your feedback about our customer service is particularly disconcerting, especially since customer service is the highlight of the majority of our other reviewers' experiences. Please know that the situation has already been addressed. I am happy to hear that Guy and the staff at Perkins did provide excellent service to you. I will share those comments with the team. Please see your email for a message from me. It is my hope that you will allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in the Travelodge Hotel Sudbury

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I have no idea why some of the negative reviews. My experience last night was terrific. The room was really clean, I had a very good meal (basic) at the restaurant and then went swimming and hot tubbing. All in all a good experience. I'd happily stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Hello Susan,

I have no idea why some of those reviews are negative either! I am so delighted to hear that your stay was enjoyable. I will certainly share your comments with all of our staff. Feedback like yours encourages everyone here to keep doing what we do best - provide a clean, comfortable room and great, friendly service. We look forward to having you back.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed here on Tuesday, May 29, 2010 on our way from upper Michigan to Toronto. The travelodge is a bit out dated...and although it is a nonsmoking place, you can still smell the cigarette smoke in the carpeting of the hotel. Our room had two double beds and a fridge. the room was clean and we slept soundly.

The front desk personnel were very friendly and we found the Perkins next door to be a convenient option.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Gynette_Cousineau-GM, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Hi there tennille95,

Thanks for your feedback. We really do value your opinion. I'm happy to hear that our Front Desk staff was friendly and that you enjoyed Perkins Restaurant. Clean rooms are vitally important to us and I will pass on your positive comments to our Housekeeping staff. You are right about being a bid dated and we are working on it. We have a plan in place; upgrades are scheduled and should be completed shortly. We hope to show off our improvements soon. Your satisfaction is our ultimate goal. If your travels take you back to Sudbury, we hope to have you back so you can see what we have done.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

I travel for my job a lot, but this is the 2nd time travelling in northern ontario where I have come across the problem of inproper sheets on a bed. Normally I stay at 2 or 3 of the other hotesl in the Sudbury area which are fine, but there was a conference of some sort in town today so this hotel was one of the few left. Now I know why. I was given a very large room which I didn't need as I'm the only one using it, but I purchased it thru expedia and it was one of the only room and hotels in town left. The room is dingy and so outdated I can't believe it. I called front desk to see if I could move but they said all rooms where like this and the hotel had not yet been updated. Ok... fine, I can live with that but the bed was so old and dirty looking that I was trying to decide between sleeping on the old dated couch or the bed with the quilted bed spread. I checked the matress (for bed bugs) and the stains on the sides of the box springs look like they may have been sprayed for such. But the deal breaker is that they don't provide Fitted Sheets. Only 2 top sheets.. what's with that???? I don't understand why something so little but basic essential for a hotel can't be provided? I called front desk and they said 'its not policy to provide a fitted sheet'... I will never stay here again and I suggest you anyone reading this should look else where as well. Such a shame!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Coppertimes
Gynette_Cousineau-GM, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Hello Coppertimes. Thank you for your comments. I am disappointed that your stay with us was not pleasant. While the Travelodge Hotel Sudbury style does not necessarily cater to every taste, we strive to uphold the highest level of guest service as is the reason so many of our guests return to us time and time again. We do have a plan in place to freshen our rooms and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future to show you what we've done.

All the best,

Reviewed April 17, 2012

The service of this hotel was great! We had excellent service and great food!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Gynette_Cousineau-GM, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Hi there Kate K - Nothing is more gratifying to hear than how great a guest was treated at The Travelodge Hotel Sudbury. I am so pleased you had a pleasant stay. I have shared your feedback with all of our dedicated employees here. They take great pride in knowing they helped to make someone's stay enjoyable. We look forward to being of service to you soon.