“Good place while on the road”

Travelodge Hotel Sudbury
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I have no idea why some of the negative reviews. My experience last night was terrific. The room was really clean, I had a very good meal (basic) at the restaurant and then went swimming and hot tubbing. All in all a good experience. I'd happily stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Hello Susan,

I have no idea why some of those reviews are negative either! I am so delighted to hear that your stay was enjoyable. I will certainly share your comments with all of our staff. Feedback like yours encourages everyone here to keep doing what we do best - provide a clean, comfortable room and great, friendly service. We look forward to having you back.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed here on Tuesday, May 29, 2010 on our way from upper Michigan to Toronto. The travelodge is a bit out dated...and although it is a nonsmoking place, you can still smell the cigarette smoke in the carpeting of the hotel. Our room had two double beds and a fridge. the room was clean and we slept soundly.

The front desk personnel were very friendly and we found the Perkins next door to be a convenient option.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Gynette_Cousineau-GM, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Hi there tennille95,

Thanks for your feedback. We really do value your opinion. I'm happy to hear that our Front Desk staff was friendly and that you enjoyed Perkins Restaurant. Clean rooms are vitally important to us and I will pass on your positive comments to our Housekeeping staff. You are right about being a bid dated and we are working on it. We have a plan in place; upgrades are scheduled and should be completed shortly. We hope to show off our improvements soon. Your satisfaction is our ultimate goal. If your travels take you back to Sudbury, we hope to have you back so you can see what we have done.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

I travel for my job a lot, but this is the 2nd time travelling in northern ontario where I have come across the problem of inproper sheets on a bed. Normally I stay at 2 or 3 of the other hotesl in the Sudbury area which are fine, but there was a conference of some sort in town today so this hotel was one of the few left. Now I know why. I was given a very large room which I didn't need as I'm the only one using it, but I purchased it thru expedia and it was one of the only room and hotels in town left. The room is dingy and so outdated I can't believe it. I called front desk to see if I could move but they said all rooms where like this and the hotel had not yet been updated. Ok... fine, I can live with that but the bed was so old and dirty looking that I was trying to decide between sleeping on the old dated couch or the bed with the quilted bed spread. I checked the matress (for bed bugs) and the stains on the sides of the box springs look like they may have been sprayed for such. But the deal breaker is that they don't provide Fitted Sheets. Only 2 top sheets.. what's with that???? I don't understand why something so little but basic essential for a hotel can't be provided? I called front desk and they said 'its not policy to provide a fitted sheet'... I will never stay here again and I suggest you anyone reading this should look else where as well. Such a shame!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Coppertimes
Gynette_Cousineau-GM, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Hello Coppertimes. Thank you for your comments. I am disappointed that your stay with us was not pleasant. While the Travelodge Hotel Sudbury style does not necessarily cater to every taste, we strive to uphold the highest level of guest service as is the reason so many of our guests return to us time and time again. We do have a plan in place to freshen our rooms and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future to show you what we've done.

All the best,

Reviewed April 17, 2012

The service of this hotel was great! We had excellent service and great food!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Gynette_Cousineau-GM, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Hi there Kate K - Nothing is more gratifying to hear than how great a guest was treated at The Travelodge Hotel Sudbury. I am so pleased you had a pleasant stay. I have shared your feedback with all of our dedicated employees here. They take great pride in knowing they helped to make someone's stay enjoyable. We look forward to being of service to you soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

I have stayed at the Travelodge in other cities and this one is by far the best. The staff were very pleasent and helpfull. Our rooms were clean and comfortable and the food at the resteraunt was very good. The next time we go to Sudbury we will deffinitly stay again!

• Stayed: November 2011

Hello momtofourinseven,

What a pleasure to hear from you. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay here and feedback like yours encourages us in our pursuit of oustanding customer service. I have passed along your comments to our staff and we all looking forward to welcoming you back at The Travelodge Hotel Sudbury.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

The travelodge is always a safe bet since its right across from the hospital, has a pool and Perkins. But the beds,pillows, and blankets are AWFUL!!! I would suggest that they upgrade because i doubt that they have in years! It makes a huge difference and I will not stay there anymore because of the bed issue! I dont have back problems or anything so I can usually sleep anywhere but never again will I out myself through that!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TierensMommy

Hi there TierensMommy - Thank you for your comments! I am disappointed that your experience was not pleasant. Your feedback about the beds and the bedding is being taken very seriously and we are working very hard to change that. We do have a plan in place and hope that you will return in the future to see how we have improved since your last stay. As you mentioned, we are in a great location with lots of great amenities. Please contact me directly at whg7117@whg.com when planning a return to the city so that I can work to restore your faith in The Travelodge Hotel Sudbury.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Great location with lots of parking for large vehicles... The room was comfortable and quiet with a Perkins Restaurant conveniently located in the Hotel, which makes me wonder why, with all the advertising within the Hotel (hallway, elevator, room, and front desk)... Why is breakfast NOT included with your stay???

To be honest, for the price you pay to stay here, you would think that breakfast would be included... Another thing that totally confuses me, this is a Wyndham Hotel, I collect Wyndham Points, I booked this Hotel on the Wyndham Web Site, but when I arrive at the Hotel I find out then that they don't participate in the Wyndham Points program... :-\

This was my first time staying at this Hotel, I normally stay at the Super 8 down the road but saw some bad reviews lately... Even with their bad reviews, I'd likely choose to stay there next time I'm in town... They participate in the Wyndham Points program and offer breakfast!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Avistow
Gynette_Cousineau-GM, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments. We always like hearing from our guests. We are glad you enjoyed your room and the convenience of our location and parking. I understand the confusion regarding the Wyndham Rewards Program. Although we are affiliated with the Wyndham family, our reward programs include Travelodge Guest Rewards and HBC Points. This is a Travelodge Canada initiative to which we must comply. These two reward programs offer great benefits and can be used simultaneously. Although we do not offer complimentary continental breakfast, we do have the pleasure of having Perkins Restaurant and Bakery on-site. Perkins opens at 6 a.m. every day and serves fresh, hot breakfast starting at $5.99. Perkins is the reason so many of our guests stay with us. I sincerely hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Travelodge Hotel Sudbury. I assure you that you will be provided with the very best in hospitality.