“Pleasently surprised!”

Travelodge Hotel Sudbury
Ranked #20 of 32 Hotels in Sudbury
“Pleasently surprised!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

I have stayed at the Travelodge in other cities and this one is by far the best. The staff were very pleasent and helpfull. Our rooms were clean and comfortable and the food at the resteraunt was very good. The next time we go to Sudbury we will deffinitly stay again!

• Stayed November 2011
Gynette_Cousineau-GM, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sudbury, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Hello momtofourinseven,

What a pleasure to hear from you. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay here and feedback like yours encourages us in our pursuit of oustanding customer service. I have passed along your comments to our staff and we all looking forward to welcoming you back at The Travelodge Hotel Sudbury.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Providence Bay, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

The travelodge is always a safe bet since its right across from the hospital, has a pool and Perkins. But the beds,pillows, and blankets are AWFUL!!! I would suggest that they upgrade because i doubt that they have in years! It makes a huge difference and I will not stay there anymore because of the bed issue! I dont have back problems or anything so I can usually sleep anywhere but never again will I out myself through that!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TierensMommy
Hi there TierensMommy - Thank you for your comments! I am disappointed that your experience was not pleasant. Your feedback about the beds and the bedding is being taken very seriously and we are working very hard to change that. We do have a plan in place and hope that you will return in the future to see how we have improved since your last stay. As you mentioned, we are in a great location with lots of great amenities. Please contact me directly at whg7117@whg.com when planning a return to the city so that I can work to restore your faith in The Travelodge Hotel Sudbury.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

Great location with lots of parking for large vehicles... The room was comfortable and quiet with a Perkins Restaurant conveniently located in the Hotel, which makes me wonder why, with all the advertising within the Hotel (hallway, elevator, room, and front desk)... Why is breakfast NOT included with your stay???

To be honest, for the price you pay to stay here, you would think that breakfast would be included... Another thing that totally confuses me, this is a Wyndham Hotel, I collect Wyndham Points, I booked this Hotel on the Wyndham Web Site, but when I arrive at the Hotel I find out then that they don't participate in the Wyndham Points program... :-\

This was my first time staying at this Hotel, I normally stay at the Super 8 down the road but saw some bad reviews lately... Even with their bad reviews, I'd likely choose to stay there next time I'm in town... They participate in the Wyndham Points program and offer breakfast!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Avistow
Gynette_Cousineau-GM, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sudbury, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments. We always like hearing from our guests. We are glad you enjoyed your room and the convenience of our location and parking. I understand the confusion regarding the Wyndham Rewards Program. Although we are affiliated with the Wyndham family, our reward programs include Travelodge Guest Rewards and HBC Points. This is a Travelodge Canada initiative to which we must comply. These two reward programs offer great benefits and can be used simultaneously. Although we do not offer complimentary continental breakfast, we do have the pleasure of having Perkins Restaurant and Bakery on-site. Perkins opens at 6 a.m. every day and serves fresh, hot breakfast starting at $5.99. Perkins is the reason so many of our guests stay with us. I sincerely hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Travelodge Hotel Sudbury. I assure you that you will be provided with the very best in hospitality.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

Nice clean room. Could stand a little updating but all rooms are nonsmoking and strictly enforced which is great. Front desk and evening staff all courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: Was traveling with a friend and rm 151 had a separate bedroom which was great because it saved us...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Gynette_Cousineau-GM, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sudbury, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests. You are right about the updating and we do have a plan in place. I trust on your next visit, you will be pleasantly surprised! I'm glad you enjoyed our new "family suite". We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Travelodge Hotel Sudbury.
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

I stayed at the Travelodge to take in a Sudbury Wolves hockey game. The hotel was very clean. The room was very nicely decorated and clean. The front desk staff was very courtious and knowledgeable. Had a excellent stay and will definately be back. The swimming pool/whirlpool was clean ,quiet no kids horseplaying was just a nice time to relax. I would recommend this hotel to others to stay at.Perkins had great food service and great waitstaff.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind comments. It is always such a pleasure to hear from our guests. I am glad you enjoyed all of our facilites and enjoyed your stay. On behalf of the entire Travelodge and Perkins team, we look forward to once again, welcoming you back.
Elliot Lake, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Travelodge Hotel on Paris Street in sudbury. The staff was wonderful and very pleasant to deal with. We enjoyed our stay and were treated with the outmost respect. The hotel in my opinion is top notch. We were able to enjoy the pool, whirlpool and ate fabulous food in the restaurant that is in the Hotel.

Room Tip: all around just a great place to stay......fantastic staff.....great food, and a great location
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your comments. It is always such a pleasure to hear back from our guests. Your kind words regarding the staff have been passed on to them. Feedback like yours reinforces our committment to service excellence. We are all excited about welcoming you back to the Travelodge Hotel Sudbury.
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks will i was in Sudbury and the place was clean and staff was very curtious.
Overall the rooms were clean and the restraunt (Perkins) is a very good place to eat.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. Your comments are very much appreciated and help us to continue our mission to be the best in customer service. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal at Perkins and that your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to having you back here at the Travelodge Hotel Sudbury.