Which is sorta funny since they are on a hill...
Well, check in was fairly quick and friendly... I arrived at my room on the second floor close to the front of the Hotel, the first thing I noticed that there was no where to plug my Laptop into by the table... You need to unplug the lamp in order to use the one and only available plug... The other plug is being used by a box (which I took a look inside and it's a wireless access point).
Really? Who thought it would be a good idea to use the only plug close to the table for the wireless access point? It should be in the room somewhere, yes, but not where you need to plug in your Laptop. Derp!
I'm not sure when the last time the room was cleaned, but the table and the nightstand both had rings from cups left behind and they were both sticky to the touch... yuck!
The air conditioner was broken, and it was HOT! I tried everything to get it working, it would come on for a few moments then kick off again, so I only had the warm outside air blowing around... I did open the window, but that didn't help much. I suppose I could have asked for another room, but they were pretty busy and I was pretty tired after a long day on the road.
The shower water pressure was horrible, it took me twice as long to rinse the soap off me since it was so low.
The straw that broke the Camel's back on this stay here... I got an unwanted wake up call at 7:00 a.m. (I WAS planning to sleep in to about 10:00 a.m. since I was on the road late the day before)... APPARENTLY my vehicle (a flatbed truck) was blocking a box truck... I wake up, quickly get dressed, walk all the way to the back of the Hotel where my truck is parked... I look and see I was parked exactly how I was the night before... LOTS of room for the truck next to me to exit!?! I met up with the driver of the other truck (we will call him "Man searching for brain")... I just look at Man searching for brain, and he tells me that LAST NIGHT when he went to go somewhere, there was a car parked in front of us, blocking us both in... LAST NIGHT! He didn't bother to check in the morning to see if it was still there, he just assumed... And the Hotel Clerk didn't bother checking before calling me. Derp!
Now USUALLY I will be asked "How was your stay?"... This time I was not, so here I am letting everyone know how horrible it was... Man, I am running out of decent places to stay in Sudbury!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Southridge Mall, Laurentian University and Countryside Arena Book with our Super 8 Sudbury ON hotel for value and convenience when you are on the road. Our Sudbury hotel offers easy access to Sudbury attractions like Science North and Dynamic Earth, Big Nickel Mine, shopping and restaurants. Start each morning with a free SuperStart continental breakfast, free newspaper and a cup of joe for the road from our 24-hour coffee and tea station. Stretch out and relax in your spacious room with free Wi-Fi, cable TV or room service. Feel free to pull up in your truck or RV - we have ample free parking for any size vehicle and valet service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 Sudbury ON reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Motel Sudbury Hotel Sudbury
- Super 8 Sudbury ON Ontario
- Super Eight Sudbury
- Sudbury Super Eight
- Sudbury Super 8