“Just lousy!”
Review of Super 8 Sudbury ON

Super 8 Sudbury ON
Ranked #28 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed April 3, 2012

My family and i stayed there this past weekend and definately didn't enjoy our stay. Don't get me wrong, it's a Super 8, I wasn't expecting a five star, and I'm not particularly picky but the quality of bed and pillows was terrible. We at one point called down to have extra pillows brought up and were told they didn't have any extra pillows?? I guess they were fully booked, a head on every single pillow in the place? I see it as missing an opportunity to provide a little customer service. We had terrible nights sleep which should be a minimum expectation in a hotel I think. We visit sudbury often and I won't return there. Just not worth it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
gms8sudbury, General Manager at Super 8 Sudbury ON, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Thankyou for making your comments recently. My Management team and i have reviewed your comments and have put somethings in place to up help us improve on these area's.
Thanks - Steve McCulloch

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Sudbury ON

Reviewed March 26, 2012

This motel is place well if you are passing through Sudbury, and a short drive to downtown. But the room was very tired, and the front desk service particularly poor. There is a convenient restaurant close by.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank ChrisOntario.Canada

Hello
I want to thank you for giving us feedback. I will take your comments and review them with our Management team and work on the area's to improve on them. Steve

Reviewed February 13, 2012

Stayed there a few weeks ago and the room was alright, to say the least but came down for breakfast in the morning and it was not very good at all. (not a very good selection at all) also the english muffins were moldy gross!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
gms8sudbury, General Manager at Super 8 Sudbury ON, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

Dear Guest
I want to thank you for your feedback. We at the Super 8 Sudbury always like to hear how we are doing. One of your concerns was our Breakfast. As a Super 8 Branded hotel, we are required to follow the Brand Standards. Over the course of 2012, Super 8's in Canada will be reviewing their standards. As for the moldy english muffins - i can't explain what had happen, but i am truly sorry for this.
Again, thank you for comments and we will try to not only improve in these area's but all area's of our hotel.
Steve McCulloch - General Manager Super 8 Sudbury

Reviewed November 15, 2011

The only thing this place has going for it is its location.

Staff were unhelpful and unprofessional and my room smelled awful. Can't pinpoint what exactly it smelled like... dirty musty old man? Yuck.

• Stayed: September 2011

Dear Guest
I want to say that we are sorry for the way our Team was with you during your stay. I know that we did have some turn over with staffing during that time. As for the smell, we didn't have any other complaints about this, but we will look into it and have it addressed as soon as possible.
Again i want to apoligize what had happen during your stay with us.
Steve McCulloch - General Manager, Super 8 Sudbury

Reviewed November 15, 2011

On our trip across Canada, the first part of October, 2011, we set Sudbury as the goal for our second night on the road. Our first entrance into Sudbury was very dismal looking. It was an industrial area and even past that the city looked very dirty and run down. We decided to move on to the next town. A few miles down the road we saw signs for another exit and a billboard for the Super 8. As this was a know chain, we decided to give Sudbury another chance.

The motel was a bit run down, but clean. Heater in the room didn't work, but it wasn't that chilly. A free breakfast brunch was as good as offered at other places we've stayed. The cost of over $100 for one night seemed very high. Don't know what other motels were available or what they'd charge. We were tired after two long days of driving and just bit the bullet and stayed the night

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest
Our Team here at the Super 8 Sudbury, always like to here how we are doing. I want to thank you for your comments. We use guests comments to learn and improve on.
Again thank you for your comments.
Steve McCulloch - GM, Super 8 Sudbury

Reviewed September 17, 2011

Stayed here for one night on the way back from a family wedding.
Found this hotel late in the evening, after a traumatic check in and subsequent checkout at the Belmont.
The front desk staff was incredibly friendly. Rooms were clean, smelled good and spacious.
After leaving we realized my daughter had left behind a gift she had received at the wedding. I emailed the general manager who subsequently found the gift, and mailed it to us. Much appreciated and way beyond the call of duty!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Thanks for your comments on Trip Advisor, we always like to hear our guests feel about their stay, so we can improve on the area's needed, and praise staff when they do a great job. Again, thanks for your comments.
Steve McCulloch-GM, Super 8 Sudbury

Reviewed September 11, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights while attending a family funeral. My male friend and I had to request a change of room right off the bat, as it was clearly a smoking room and I had requested "non-smoking". The tired but helpful woman at the front desk did give us an alternate room. Smelled better, but not very clean. There was dust on the guest book on the night stand, carpets not too good.
Worst thing was the shower and drainage. I was looking forward to a nice hot soak in the tub at the end of a long day of driving. My friend had his shower, but the dirty water wouldn't drain. It just sat there. Plus the tub was really dirty, dust was floating in the soapy water! I gave up my thoughts of cleanliness until morning, and complained at the front desk about this condition of the room. The same tired woman at the front desk said the hotel is old and needs work, so this was clearly not her first time hearing my complaint. The tub was cleaned but the drainage was never resolved for our two night stay.
Not staying at another Super 8, I think spending a few extra dollars somewhere else would be a better move.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Guest
I want to thank you for your feedback on your stay with us back in the fall 2011. I am truly sorry for what had happen during your stay with us. I have taken your comments and reviewed them with our Department Managers to see how we can improve on.
I know its too late to correct what had happen, but the Team here is truely sorry for what had happen.
Steve McCulloch - GM, Super 8 Sudbury