“Great Stay”

Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Elliot Lake, Ontario, Canada
“Great Stay”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Had a 2 Double bed room September 15 2013 for the night. Great stay great room all new clean and staff was great pet friendly easy access for everything. great breakfast in the morning quiet room for the location staff was very helpful with me and my disability

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank radrobert
picky01, Manager at Comfort Inn Sudbury, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Rob,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out Trip Advisor’s online survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards,

Larry Martin
Comfort Inn
705 522 1101

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Newmarket, Canada
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Yesterday,May 28, I reserved a room for the night at this Comfort Inn location. This was done on the 1 800 phone number. I was not informed that the motel was having renovations. Arriving there it soon became evident that that the motel was not fit to take guests. However I agreed to see our room. Down the corridor I struggled walking around furniture that had been dumped in the hall from other rooms. Coming to my room I found that this excess furniture was piled right up to the edge of my door. Furthermore at 8 pm. there was still active noisy construction going on only two doors away. The air was filled with dust and the smell was musty! I couldn't help wonder what would happen if there should be a fire and I had to escape in a hurry. Rushing through the corridor around furniture that would likely burn furiously would be an interesting experience. I wonder what the fire Marshall would say about these condiotions. And outside my room was a huge dumpster filled with material torn from the building.
And to top it off the rate for this room was $160 per night! UNBELIEVABLE!

Room Tip: Avoid this location. There are any number of motels in Sudbury that are cheaper and don't have t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Harry C

Travelers are raving about these Sudbury hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was given couple of newly renovated rooms and they were great.They are still undergoing renovation and once it is completed,it is going to look great.

Nice continental breakfast in the morning which was a great add on to the stay.My family had a nice time there this past long weekend.We were allowed to have early checkin which helped us to leave all our luggage in the room.you can park right outside the patio door,if you are on the gound floor.

Closeness to few restaurants is also great.

We will stay again if we visit Sudbury.

Room Tip: Rooms on ground floor where you can park and unload and load luggage.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed at the Comfort Inn at the begining of April for 2 nights and it was great. The location was easily accessable from the highway and in walking distance from a bunch of restaurant choices. The hotel staff are extremely friendly and helpful with directions and food recommendations. The room was clean and comfortable nothing fancy just what we needed. The patio door to the parking lot was a really nice feature. The breakfast was also really good. Scrambled eggs and bacon one morning was a pleasant surprise. They have a sign out for their future reservations and it looks really promising. We will be back the next time we are through Sudbury to check them out!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Quebec, Canada
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I had to sleep in Sudbury, so I gave a shot to this Comfort Inn (they were renovating when I was there), for the location. I did not want to go downtown, so this one was the best for me.

Hallways are smelly, because there are smoking rooms. Even in my room, when I got in, it smelled a little.

Mattress is noisy, internet is slow... average stay overall.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed for 1 night because of the location and th eprice. Reviews were mixed so I hoped for the best.
Hotel layout is not great, no elevator...even though it's only 2 storeys those with mobility issues or luggage will find it to be an issue.

Room was nice at one time but looks like it has not been repaired in decades. We were in a non-smoking room but it's obvious it was previously a smoking room or people regularly smoked in it. One look at the ceiling will tell you. They have painted the stucco ceilings white but whoever painted them used a sprayer and you can see white paint overspray all around the room (overpsray and big drip marks). I hope they didn't pay the painter too much because he screwed them!

Beds were ok, nice tv but signal was poor, air conditioner really worked well but was very loud (didn't bother me as I normally have a fan on but light sleepers beware), walls pretty thin as we could hear the woman next door talking on the phone.

Room appeared to be clean. There was a hole in the wall above the TV (approx the size of a fist) that someone had "patched" but they made no effort to paint or wallpaper over the patch (see pictures). Bathroom was clean, mirror had not been cleaned though. The mirror is a small detail but shows they don't take any pride in their property/jobs.

Woke up in the morning and noticed blood stain on my sheet that was not noticed before going to bedbecause it was hidden beneath 2 rows of pillows. The blood was on the underpad as well. Upon closer inspection of the sheets we noticed several stains were visible...nasty. We informed the front desk of the blood, hopefully they address it.

Paid $115 plus taxes for the room. I'd say it would be fair value at $65 or $70 per night. I am rating them terrible because they have made ZERO effort to at least appear to care about the condition of the rooms. If they had made an effort I'd have rated them a 2.

Comfort Inn should do something about locations like this as their Brand value is going to take a beating. They are renovating right now and it would seem they're just going to leave the rooms 'as is' until they get redone.

If we end up in Sudbury again I'll pay the extra few dollars and stay elsewhere or even try the Super 8 next door before I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: If they have any rooms that have been renovated ask for one of those or ask for a much lower rate...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cdnmr
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife and I traveled back to our home Northern Ontario recently. This return trip had some trepidation involved as we were driving home after major surgery. As per medical protocol air travel was not an option. Thus we were now faced with a drive of approximately 8 hours driving time plus stops to move about ensuring no post surgical complications, etc. As things sometimes go we left Toronto at 2pm and proceeded north. February weather being what it can be it did it's best to provide us with some challenges. Shortly after dark we encountered a snowstorm that turned out to be a system moving thru the region dropping as much as 25 cm. of wet slushy snow on everything.
By 9 pm we had arrived at the Comfort Inn on Regent Street in Sudbury. The staff were most accommodating in providing us with a room on the ground floor that I could pull our rental vehicle directly up to. Their kindness extended to helping us make our stay as pleasant as it could be to the extent of allowing us a late checkout without charge. The manager and staff exceeded our expectations and made a difficult situation as easy and pleasant as could be hoped for.
Much rested we continued our journey the next day after checking out at 1 pm arriving home by 5:30 pm.
A special thanks for the kindness shown by all of the staff in helping to make our stay as comfortable as humanly possible!

Room Tip: The Inn is currently undergoing some renovations. I had the option of emailing ahead, when I reserv...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple