“GREAT STAY” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Sudbury
Toronto, Canada
“GREAT STAY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was given couple of newly renovated rooms and they were great.They are still undergoing renovation and once it is completed,it is going to look great.

Nice continental breakfast in the morning which was a great add on to the stay.My family had a nice time there this past long weekend.We were allowed to have early checkin which helped us to leave all our luggage in the room.you can park right outside the patio door,if you are on the gound floor.

Closeness to few restaurants is also great.

We will stay again if we visit Sudbury.

Room Tip: Rooms on ground floor where you can park and unload and load luggage.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed at the Comfort Inn at the begining of April for 2 nights and it was great. The location was easily accessable from the highway and in walking distance from a bunch of restaurant choices. The hotel staff are extremely friendly and helpful with directions and food recommendations. The room was clean and comfortable nothing fancy just what we needed. The patio door to the parking lot was a really nice feature. The breakfast was also really good. Scrambled eggs and bacon one morning was a pleasant surprise. They have a sign out for their future reservations and it looks really promising. We will be back the next time we are through Sudbury to check them out!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Quebec, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I had to sleep in Sudbury, so I gave a shot to this Comfort Inn (they were renovating when I was there), for the location. I did not want to go downtown, so this one was the best for me.

Hallways are smelly, because there are smoking rooms. Even in my room, when I got in, it smelled a little.

Mattress is noisy, internet is slow... average stay overall.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Guelph, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed for 1 night because of the location and th eprice. Reviews were mixed so I hoped for the best.
Hotel layout is not great, no elevator...even though it's only 2 storeys those with mobility issues or luggage will find it to be an issue.

Room was nice at one time but looks like it has not been repaired in decades. We were in a non-smoking room but it's obvious it was previously a smoking room or people regularly smoked in it. One look at the ceiling will tell you. They have painted the stucco ceilings white but whoever painted them used a sprayer and you can see white paint overspray all around the room (overpsray and big drip marks). I hope they didn't pay the painter too much because he screwed them!

Beds were ok, nice tv but signal was poor, air conditioner really worked well but was very loud (didn't bother me as I normally have a fan on but light sleepers beware), walls pretty thin as we could hear the woman next door talking on the phone.

Room appeared to be clean. There was a hole in the wall above the TV (approx the size of a fist) that someone had "patched" but they made no effort to paint or wallpaper over the patch (see pictures). Bathroom was clean, mirror had not been cleaned though. The mirror is a small detail but shows they don't take any pride in their property/jobs.

Woke up in the morning and noticed blood stain on my sheet that was not noticed before going to bedbecause it was hidden beneath 2 rows of pillows. The blood was on the underpad as well. Upon closer inspection of the sheets we noticed several stains were visible...nasty. We informed the front desk of the blood, hopefully they address it.

Paid $115 plus taxes for the room. I'd say it would be fair value at $65 or $70 per night. I am rating them terrible because they have made ZERO effort to at least appear to care about the condition of the rooms. If they had made an effort I'd have rated them a 2.

Comfort Inn should do something about locations like this as their Brand value is going to take a beating. They are renovating right now and it would seem they're just going to leave the rooms 'as is' until they get redone.

If we end up in Sudbury again I'll pay the extra few dollars and stay elsewhere or even try the Super 8 next door before I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: If they have any rooms that have been renovated ask for one of those or ask for a much lower rate...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cdnmr

Travelers are raving about these Sudbury hotels

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife and I traveled back to our home Northern Ontario recently. This return trip had some trepidation involved as we were driving home after major surgery. As per medical protocol air travel was not an option. Thus we were now faced with a drive of approximately 8 hours driving time plus stops to move about ensuring no post surgical complications, etc. As things sometimes go we left Toronto at 2pm and proceeded north. February weather being what it can be it did it's best to provide us with some challenges. Shortly after dark we encountered a snowstorm that turned out to be a system moving thru the region dropping as much as 25 cm. of wet slushy snow on everything.
By 9 pm we had arrived at the Comfort Inn on Regent Street in Sudbury. The staff were most accommodating in providing us with a room on the ground floor that I could pull our rental vehicle directly up to. Their kindness extended to helping us make our stay as pleasant as it could be to the extent of allowing us a late checkout without charge. The manager and staff exceeded our expectations and made a difficult situation as easy and pleasant as could be hoped for.
Much rested we continued our journey the next day after checking out at 1 pm arriving home by 5:30 pm.
A special thanks for the kindness shown by all of the staff in helping to make our stay as comfortable as humanly possible!

Room Tip: The Inn is currently undergoing some renovations. I had the option of emailing ahead, when I reserv...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

So, this summer I stayed here a couple nights when my boyfriend was working in town. I remember the main level hallway smelled of pot and I can't believe they still have smoking rooms! The bathroom needed work and there was an old tv in the hallway for I don't know how long? Seriously, the girl at the front desk, the cute one, was really helpful and she did her best to make my stay ok, but I would never stay here on my own and I could never recommend it to anyone! Sorry!

Room Tip: Room at the front lower level at least have a walk out....
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ws34nipissing
Hernando, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

The best I can say about this hotel is that it is conveniently located. It is across the street from a shopping center with Canadian Tire and three restaurants and a CAA office. It is within two miles of WalMart and LCBO. They do take dogs and there is grass in the back which makes for a small but okay dog walking area. The ground floor rooms have sliding doors but if you are sitting at the computer desk, the room is so small you have to walk on the bed or move the chair to reach the sliding doors. Everything seemed outdated. The staff were friendly and breakfast in the small lobby was okay. We paid more for this room than any other room on our cross-country trip and it was the worst.

Room Tip: If you have a dog, the ground floor rooms with sliding doors are convenient.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family