“Interesting Attraction”

Big Nickel & Dynamic Earth
Ranked #3 of 60 things to do in Sudbury
More attraction details
Owner description: Erected in 1951, this famous roadside attraction is a monument to the Canadian nickel industry.
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Great for the whole family. You can spend most of a day at this attraction with children, so give yourself enough time. Interactive areas are great for both children and adults. The mine tour is interesting.

1  Thank tlm100
There are newer reviews for Big Nickel & Dynamic Earth

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We enjoyed The Mine Tour. Very interesting and informative. Also panning for gold. Place for kids to play too.

2  Thank Elizabeth H
Reviewed October 17, 2012

When i visited Dynamic Earth I found there was very little to do. A good portion of the exhibits were not working, and there were no live science shows, as promised on the website (this was the main reason we came to visit, as my daughter loves science). There were only a few staff working (that I could find), and only 2 of those staff were knowledgeable. I believe, if I remember right, their names were Pat, and Arianne? There were some other young staff there who didn't feel the need to leave their stools and their phones to come and speak to me and my 4 year old daughter. The tour guide we had was terrible, she was very young and didn't seem like she new what she was talking about (yes I get she may be in highschool, but the other girl I spoke to while we were browsing was also in highschool and she was amazing) I don't remember our tour guide's name as my daughter was not having fun and I was trying to keep her occupied. I don't remember seeing any management staff on the floor, I was looking for them to hopefully learn more information about an exhibit, but they were no where to be found the entire time I was there. This has left a bad taste in my mouth about Dynamic Earth, and i don't think I'll be returning any time soon.

3  Thank GeorgetteLaundry
Reviewed October 15, 2012

It is a very good museum for a place like Sudbury, which is 4 hrs away from a major megapolis...Still, the content, the staff, the exhibition is very good.
We visited the museum over the Canadian Thanksgiving and there were quite a few visitors from Toronto.
Mine tour was great with Ariana being a very passionate and knowledgeble guide; the collection of minerals, quizzes for kids are all great, I believe it was Tobias(?, no offence, pls);
Logistics and overall design of the museum may need some improvements; but nothing major

1  Thank instyleLive
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Learn all about the earth's minerals. The voyage underground feels as though you are really down in an actual mine. There are also special exhibits.

2  Thank Hermina H