“Great experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Perkins Restaurant & Bakery

Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #48 of 335 Restaurants in Sudbury
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I went to perkins yesterday night after driving all day from Barrie. We were tired from our trip and stopped in for a bite to eat. Our server was a complete ray of sunshine. Brenna went out of her way to recommend dishes for us and made sure we had everything we needed. We will definitely be returning.

Northeastern Ontario, Canada
“poor service mediocre food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

the first table we were seated at had not been cleaned, and we were short one chair-we were only a party of 4- they brought another chair over, and that chair was all sticky- we moved to another table. We never got our requested cutlery- we had to take it from a neighbouring table. We had to ask for straws for our drinks. The restaurant was not busy, but the staff must have all taken their breaks all at once.

Visited March 2013
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
“Over priced and gross”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Not very friendly service and the food wasn't very good. Is was always squishy ( depending on what you order) the coffee is terrible. Just a terrible place.

Visited January 2013
Sudbury, Canada
“Good fast-food restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I've been to Perkins a number of times. The food is your traditional fast-food restaurant food - burgers, chicken fingers, etc. There are a number of other dishes, but I have not had much luck with those. I find its always best to stick with the staples of these types of restaurants and you can't really go wrong.

It is kid/family friendly which is also a plus. On top of that, good value! You will leave full.

The service on the other hand is hit and miss - I've had good serice and awful service.

• Visited December 2012
North Bay, Canada
“Big menu, reasonable prices, poor service, so-so food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

My experience here was a bit of a mixed bag. I sort of expected it to be pretty good given that there were quite a lot of people there well after the main lunch rush. They kept me waiting for a bit before seating me but not for an inordinately long time. That, however, was when the adventure began. I waited patiently for about 15 minutes without a single person coming to the table. Finally, the hostess noticed that I was waiting and brought me a menu and took my drink order. She brought me a thermal carafe that, as it turned out, held precisely three cups of coffee so that was nice. I continued waiting... Then I waited some more.... After 25 minutes waiting I was pretty close to leaving when the waitress came to take my order. I'm glad I wasn't in a hurry!

On the rear of the menu, they have a whole page for "seniors", called the 55-plus menu. I ordered off of that. The food came in due course but it was frightfully underseasoned -- bordering on tasteless. I had a sandwich and fries. The fries were perfectly cooked. The bread of the sandwich was dry. I had noticed after the waitress took my order that she didn't ask me if I wanted the sandwich toasted nor what sort of bread I wanted. I would have asked for whole wheat or rye but the sandwich was on toasted white bread. Anyway, the food was passable but certainly nothing to write home about.

After I'd finished, the waitress brought the cheque. I was dismayed to see that I was charged the usual price for the meal and not what had been advertised on the over-55 menu. The difference was a dollar or two so it was just an additional annoyance. By this time, I was sufficiently underwhelmed and a little pressed for time so I chose not to complain about the price difference but, still, they should have got this right.

I'd gone in there for lunch, ordering a sandwich and fries, and it took me 85 minutes to get out of there. The restaurant was clean and well-appointed and there were quite a few people there so maybe others felt differently than did I about it.

All of that being said, though, my summary is that I most definitely won't be going back...

• Visited November 2012