“clean, newly renovated and I would recommend it to my mother in law!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Clarion Hotel

Clarion Hotel
Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Sudbury
“clean, newly renovated and I would recommend it to my mother in law!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

I'm pretty picky about cleanliness when it comes to my hotel rooms. When I get to a room I thoroughly inspect the bathroom for hair and I check the sheets on the bed closely. I stayed in the Days Inn for 4 nights in Sept 2011 in 2 different rooms and I have to say I was impressed. It was VERY clean. NORMALLY I find at least a hair in the tub in almost EVERY hotel I stay in. This one was spotless. Kudos to housekeeping. It seems as if it was recently renovated as all the furniture and bedding was newer. The front desk was friendly and they called up after I checked in to see if the room was ok. Nice touch. When I arrived I did worry about my car in the lot overnight cause its downtown but it is pretty well lit with flood lights so they r doing what they can. Overall, I'm glad my company picked this hotel over others in town. Very comfortable.

• Stayed September 2011
NadiaSudbury, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Thank you for posting your comments. We are pleased to hear you have visited us on two occassions. Our staff take great pride in their work and it is always nice when someone takes the time to acknowlede it. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Nadia Pilon
Days Inn Sudbury

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

Stayed here the weekend of Sept. 27 and really was surprised. Nice clean room with new mattresses and comfy duvets. The hotel has an indoor pool, with a newly painted mutal wihich was done by a local student according to staff. Nice job. The onsite restauant serves a nice breakfast. The staff was very helpful with suggestions of places to see and things to do. Rooms were very clean which is the most important thing. The hotel is an older building recently redone and it loks like they have plans to redo the exterior. Would stay here again. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
DaysInnSudbury-Sales, Director of Sales at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Sudbury, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

It is really a terrible place to stay in terms of security. I have never had such a bad experience in whole my life. My wife's wallet was stolen inside the room while she was taking shower. There were 1000$ CND cash and ID cards and credit cads in the stolen wallet. Its staff and management team were impolite and didn't even accept that stolen was happened in their hotel, without any compassion!. It has really very poor security lock doors with no indoor camera. After we called police for investigating and a report, they told us to leave the hotel where we wouldn't like and trust to stay anymore. I experienced many hotels internationally and in Canada but this one is terrible! I went through their security lock doors manufacturer' website and found out that their security is one of the poorest and cheapest one available in the market and can be opened with other devices provided by the manufacturers in the market. I am really astonishing their management team even didn't want to listen what we were talking and claimed its impossible their doors get unlock and reconfigured (for editing information) by other devices regardless of the information provided by their security lock doors manufacturer. I'll be following the case in the court!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Anonymous A
NadiaSudbury, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
We at the Days Inn Sudbury are sorry for the loss of your wife's wallet during your recent stay in Sudbury. On the evening of your complaint a lock audit was performed and it was established that the only keys used on the lock were those originally issued to the guest.
We take all security complaints very seriously and when you reported this incident we immediatley called the police. The officer and our maintenance department both confirmed that there was no evidence of any tampering of the lock. Your wife also admitted that she had not left the room and used the deadbolt during the entire stay. After you departed, I personally went through the room myself with the hopes the wallet was accidentally misplaced but unfortuneately it was not found.
We will continue our search but please update us if you are able to locate the wallet.
Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Room was very clean, furniture will need to be changed soon, good channel selection. New restaurant is outstanding, great addition! Good location, central to shops.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

Located in the old downtown part of Sudbury. The Staff was very friendly. The room was clean. Not enough shelf area in bathroom. The pool was old. I liked that it had a fridge.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank travellerwithkids3

Sudbury
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

I reserved two nights. I had a regular room and they told me to tell them when I wanted the second room. I had to take a suite because they reserved my room to someone else. You think they would save me the same room I was using. Oh well, still good service. The suite is big compared to the regular hotel rooms. But I was almost forced to take that suite. Should of went on Expedia.ca to reserve my rooms.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

Each year for the last 20 years or so I have gone to Sudbury, Ontario. This is a mining city in transition to becoming a health, education, government and distribution centre. With a population over 100,000, it is the largest city in Northern Ontario. It is amazing to me to see it transform over the last sixty years from a rough mining town wtih few amenities into a sophisticated, pleasant place to visit. It has great restaurants, parks, and shopping areas. One of the most pleasant surprises I had was renting a suite at the Days Inn.

To rent a suite in Southern Ontario like this would cost me more than $300 night. In Sudbury it was $150 a night. It was very comfortably furnished with a king size bed, two bath rooms, furnished living room, microwave, TV sets in both rooms, daily newspaper, terry cloth robe, etc. The restaurant in the hotel served tasty meals and would deliver them to the room. My wife likes trains. The fact it backed out on the CPR switching yard was a plus to her.

There are several excellent restaurants within a ten to fifteen minute walk e.g. Respect is Burning, etc. Within a ten minute drive is the fascinating Science Centre, Lake Ramsay, Bell Park, Laurention University, etc. The mining presence is still here and it is interesting to see the multi billion dollar infastructure for mining and processing the nickel, copper, iron, gold and platinum. This is one of the largest and most successful mining centres in the world.

Over the years the highway between Toronto and Sudbury has become better and better. Most of it is now four lane highway. It is an easy 3 and half to four hour drive. If you are into hunting and fishing there is a dozens of fishing camps catering to outdoorsmen within a short drive of Sudbury.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple