“Average service - but too far from all the action!”

Moonlight Inn And Suites Sudbury
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We visit Sudbury fairly frequently to see family, and almost always stay in a motel. We decided to try a different place than our usual stay since we had had a bad experience at our regular motel the last time we visited. We picked Moonlight because it was cheap.

The price was great - under $150 for 2 nights, and they were flexible with our check in/out times (we arrived mid-morning and left mid-afternoon on the 3rd day).

We liked that we had a couch as well as the bed & mini fridge for snacks. However, there was a coffee maker but no coffee and the office had no supplies.

It was relatively clean, but not impeccable (probably was cleaned after the last visitor but not recently) and there was no bathtub, only a stand up shower (which was nice though - and big enough for two!).

Our biggest complaint was it was so far from everything - even shopping and restaurants were a good 10-15 minute drive, and our family was almost a 30 minute drive, even though they live in town! We had to plan our entire day when we left the motel, as it was a pain to come back to get something later in the day. we pretty much left in the morning, and came back at night after dinner. However - they do advertise on their site that Tim Horton's is within walking distance - and it is! The restaurant & tavern advertised next door was really sketchy looking though.

Also - a free continental breakfast was advertised - which was donuts and muffins in the office from 6-8am. Good thing Timmie's was close by!

Room Tip: We were on the very end - nice and quiet!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Becky I
moonlightinnSudbury, Webmaster at Moonlight Inn And Suites Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Moonlight Inn and Suites Sudbury for your recent stay in our area.

• Housekeeping staff received our commendation for the level of cleanliness they maintained as our employees.

• I am glad that you like our hotel amenities. Management was informed of the good comment you said about room amenities. They received our commendation.

• Management was approached about your complaint even though your family was almost a 30 minute drive and too far from the hotel and asked if there is a way that our valued guests could reach the place they want to visit in short time span.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Moonlight Inn and Suites Sudbury. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

There are newer reviews for Moonlight Inn And Suites Sudbury

Reviewed September 2, 2012

For any one requiring a long stay or short stay for medical reasons It was the best rate I could find. Motels closer to the Hospital their rates I could not afford. Family owned Motel offering single, double rooms and suites some are non smoking. My room was equipped with a bar fridge, microwave, TV and free internet, Air conditioning, queen size bed which was very comfortable Shower with sit down bench which was a bonus for me. Contential breakfast included.
Located just past the 17E bypass on th Kingsway.Easy access to the Kingsway and the by pass. to hospital you choose.
This family owned/run motel should not be overlooked. The family is friendly and most helpful in every way. My stay was for 3-1/2 weeks. .Will definetly book time here again if needed

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank luvniag
Reviewed August 30, 2012

If you are in the Sudbury area for a geocaching adventure or to do some shopping, and are looking for a clean, comfortable room that does not cost you an arm and a leg, try the Moonlight Inn. My wife and I stayed there two nights in May while I did some geocaching on the nearby "NOG" caches and she did some shopping. The room we had was quite large and was as well equipped as other hotel rooms we have stayed at in the larger, more expensive places around Sudbury. Motel is located on the east side of the city, but not far from major shopping centers and good restaurants. We are planning another geocaching/shopping trip soon and hope to stay at the Moonlight Inn again. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Wireless access worked well.

Room Tip: An older motel that has undergone renovations and I think is under new management. Not sure if all t...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gerry564
Reviewed August 6, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Suzanne G
Reviewed June 27, 2012

so I booked a reservation weeks ago at this motel based on the recommendations I read here. Unfortunatley, I'm not perfect and make a mistake. I went to the wrong hotel and thought they had lost my reservations. After checking into a competitors establishment, i realized my credit card had been charged by the moonlight Inn. I called them and tried to explain that it was an honest mistake. I had just paid for two nights in another hotel. I was really stuck. I had suggested that I stay one night in the place I had just checked in and then move to the moonlight Inn for my second night, That way no one was out too much money. They were completely inflexible I would have lost my 80.00 either way. Thankfully the place I had checked into was wonderful and gave me my money back. I thought it was a bit short sighted on The Moonlight Inns part as I travel to Sudbury at least once every six weeks. I'll be sure to stay at the place that offered great customer service and won't return to the Moonlight Inn and Suites no matter what.
That being said, the room was small but clean, the bed was comfortable the shower was weak. Had everything gone well with the check in, I still would have been surprised at how far out of the city the hotel was. It took us 20 minutes at least to get anywhere in Sudbury from there. Unless you're arriving at midnight and leaving at 8:00 this isn't a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank kerrijane123
MoonlightInn, Manager at Moonlight Inn And Suites Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear Guest thank you for choosing Moonlight Inn & Suites Sudbury for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that it didn’t work out and a competing Lorne St Motel took advantage of your mistaken situation.

If you ended up at the Moonlight Inn establishment with a reservation for another hotel we would help you find the correct hotel. I am sorry again that this competitor did not represent the Sudbury tourism community rightfully.

Management tried to inform you that your credit card was not charged and to accommodate you by offering to waive the cancellation policy. Sorry for this misunderstanding.

• Staff received additional training in the courteous way in which our valued guests are to be treated.
• Management has setup a reservation confirmation system whereby our valued guests will receive detailed reservation confirmation by email or fax.

The Inn has many recent upgrades; free continental breakfast, brand new A/C’s, windows, furniture, mattresses, to carpet and many other continual updates surpassing hotel franchise standards. As well we are the only CAA rated motel in Sudbury.

If you visit Sudbury often we are in the city of Sudbury right off the Kingsway only 10 minutes from any end of town. Close to the shopping centres, restaurants and downtown.

Once again, please accept our sincerest apologies for all inconvenience caused. We certainly hope that this isolated incident will not deter you or your husband from patronizing Moonlight Inn and Suites again in the future.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Unexceptional motel that gets the basics right. Would stay here again

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Pam635836
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Nice service, we had the rooms to sleep in only, but was convenient to all our destinations. rooms were clean and washroom very clean (newly renovated). does not have the looks of a 4 star hotel but inside the room is all well kept. worth the money spent. Very nice staff/owners. will consider staying agin if we are in Sudbury.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family