“Nice quiet hotel”

Best Western Downtown Sudbury Centreville
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed November 30, 2009

I you want a nice, quiet, clean hotel in downtown Sudbury, the Best Western is the place to go. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and parking is handy....just across the street. The Continental breakfast is a nice variety of cereals, waffles, toast or bagels and boiled eggs. Coffee, juice or milk to drink.
We have been staying here several times over the past two years, and will definitely continue to do so.
Judy and Rod
2009

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 19, 2009

We have tried several hotels in Sudbury and have definitely settled on this one as a regular place to stay when visiting. While the hotel is older, it is clean and well-furnished; the staff are courteous and very helpful and the beds are comfortable. The location is excellent, within walking distance of shopping, restaurants and the Sudbury Theatre Centre.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2009

We have stayed at several Best Western hotels in the past and didn't hesitate to book a room in Sudbury. It is located downtown which is convenient but is in a poor area with a lot of people just hanging around at night. We couldn't believe we had to park our car in an open lot in the midst of all of this activity. The hotel is definitely older and in need of sprucing up and carries a heavy, musty odor everywhere. The staff was very courteous when checking in. The room was adequate for a night's stay, but when I noticed the bed was poorly made, I pulled back the sheets and could tell they obviously had never been changed as they were wrinkled and had hair all over them. At our request, staff did come and change them but were obviously annoyed. This was really my worst experience ever in a hotel. The best thing about this hotel was that we were given a room facing the parking lot so I could keep an eye on my car.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2009

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and had a wonderful time. Neither of us had been there before so we needed lots of advice on places to see etc.. Ted Deeth in particular was a great help to us in recommending restaurants, night clubs, and other attractions. The staff were very helpful to me in dealing with my bicycle which I had to store there and then disassemble and pack for shipping. We appreciate all there assistance because they made our stay a memorable one.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2009

I just recently stayed at this hotel and I tell you that the hotel staff must have top notch training because they sure knew how to handle a unavoidable situation with ease. You see the night I stayed there there was a power outage in most of the Sudbury area due to a major rain storm that hit the area. So unfortunately the power was out at the hotel as well. When I got back to room from a busy day at work, I was told the power had been out for some time and they apologized immediately and explained that if it stayed off too long, I may need to come back down. Anyways, I made my way to my room, and not even 15 minutes later the staff are all knocking on the doors of the customers offering water and food to try and ease the situation. Also offering customers whatever they could to make light of the situation. Again they were nothing but apologetic for a situation they had NO CONTROL over. I tell you the team at this location deserves a pat on the back because they definitely know how to treat their guests.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2009

I have been working out of Sudbury since January of 2009. I have tried several hotels since that time, and I have been happy with the Best Western. The location is excellent, the staff is very friendly and the rooms I have stayed in all have new king sized Sealy matresses.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2008

Very disappointing since we have stayed at several Best Westerns over the years. We arrived exhausted hoping for a good night sleep only to find sheets didn't fit the king size bed and had rips. Pillows were lumpy, bed poorly made up and hair on the bathroom vanity and night table.
My husband went to get us a morning coffee at the complimentary breakfast only to be more disappointed with the lack of options and only sytrofoam cups. Not the quality service we would expect from such a hotel chain. The stairwells smelt like urine and the wallpaper was dirty and peeling in the bathroom. We have heard the Travel Lodge and Travelway Inns are clean and a decent quality for the price. We will definitely stay there next time since we will be making several trips to Sudbury over the next few years with a son at the University.
Don't waste your money.