“I have lived in this hotel for months, it is my second home.”

BEST WESTERN Downtown Sudbury Centreville
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Sudbury
Saskatoon
“I have lived in this hotel for months, it is my second home.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2009

I have been working out of Sudbury since January of 2009. I have tried several hotels since that time, and I have been happy with the Best Western. The location is excellent, the staff is very friendly and the rooms I have stayed in all have new king sized Sealy matresses.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2008

Very disappointing since we have stayed at several Best Westerns over the years. We arrived exhausted hoping for a good night sleep only to find sheets didn't fit the king size bed and had rips. Pillows were lumpy, bed poorly made up and hair on the bathroom vanity and night table.
My husband went to get us a morning coffee at the complimentary breakfast only to be more disappointed with the lack of options and only sytrofoam cups. Not the quality service we would expect from such a hotel chain. The stairwells smelt like urine and the wallpaper was dirty and peeling in the bathroom. We have heard the Travel Lodge and Travelway Inns are clean and a decent quality for the price. We will definitely stay there next time since we will be making several trips to Sudbury over the next few years with a son at the University.
Don't waste your money.

• Stayed August 2008
1 Thank hotelstayOntario
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2008

Stayed here for business and it was ok.

It is very close to everything else downtown which made it very convenient. The hotel itself could use a little work inside. While the lobby is new, the elevator is older than I am and parking is very tight on site - literally, if you have a big truck, forget it. The rooms were clean and acceptable, but the breakfast included was the worst I have seen; having enough coffee for starters would be an improvement.

I might consider staying here again, but just for the location if I had to do work nearby.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
Sudbury, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2008

July 9, 2008

I arrived in Sudbury on February 21, 2008 and, while shopping around for a place to stay until I located a place to live, I was fortunate to stop at the Best Western Hotel in the Downtown area.
I not only found a pleasant and comfortable place to stay, I also encountered a staff that went above and beyond the call of duty to make me feel welcome. My experience at the hotel helped to convince me that this was indeed a city where I wished to stay.
As noted, the staff were great, the room was comfortable, and affordable, and the location worked very well for me.
The room was clean, comfortable and well maintained.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to family, friends, and to others I meet, as a place to stay.

Carol Wilson

• Liked — The people
  • Disliked — not applicable
  • Stayed March 2008
London, ON
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2008

Reservation and booking was a breeze but we were shocked when we pulled up to the hotel. No parking available, had to leave it on the side of the hotel but didn't really want to...Homeless Shelter nextdoor...lots of shady activity on the street. The lobby was impressive but our room was out of date and smelt musty. Basic breakfast. Hallways and elevator smelt very bad. Horrible mattress and paper thin pillows. Service was okay...no nearby restaurants or coffee places within walking distance...seems like it is in a really bad location. Would not stay again.

• Liked — Not Much Really
  • Disliked — Terrible Location, Musty Smelling & Old
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Chapleau Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights for our convention which was just down the street at the Sudbury arena. We needed early check in at noon and the staff gladly cooperated with us in this. The parking spaces were limited and the owner moved his own car for me to be able to have a spot. All the staff were friendly and helpful from the front desk clerk to the cleaning lady. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to anyone else who is in Sudbury's downtown area. We ate at the Indian restaurant for the buffet on Friday night and found the food excellent. Thank you for giving us outstanding service.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Downtown area of Sudbury not so nice
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2008

After booking this hotel at the recommendation of a colleague, I was surprised to learn how low the rating was on Tripadvisor (compared to other Sudbury hotels). Wondering what I'd gotten into, I was pleasantly surprised by the functional but modern lobby right in the downtown core (you can't get any closer) to the main Sudbury office towers. Tim Horton's - about 3 mins away!

The room (double bed) wasn't huge, but comfortable and very clean. My room had Group of Seven prints on the wall. Excellent wireless internet speeds, and since i came with two computers, there was no problem in getting a second access code for the second PC. (Note: bring a small power bar, just in case) Free parking across the street from the hotel was included in the rate, and a continental breakfast (bagels, toast, juice, fruit, coffee, tea, cereals, and yes, hard-boiled eggs .)

The staff were extremely pleasant and accomodating, and when i mentioned my 'surprise' as to their rating, they asked if i would provide a review, so here's to keeping my word.

Main Sudbury attraction (Science Noth) is only a couple of km's away.

If you're a business traveller and ever stayed in a standard Delta Hotel room, this is pretty well comparable to what you can expect here.

• Stayed May 2008