“Convenient to the Downtown”

Best Western Downtown Sudbury Centreville
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed September 5, 2008

Stayed here for business and it was ok.

It is very close to everything else downtown which made it very convenient. The hotel itself could use a little work inside. While the lobby is new, the elevator is older than I am and parking is very tight on site - literally, if you have a big truck, forget it. The rooms were clean and acceptable, but the breakfast included was the worst I have seen; having enough coffee for starters would be an improvement.

I might consider staying here again, but just for the location if I had to do work nearby.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Best Western Downtown Sudbury Centreville

Reviewed July 9, 2008

July 9, 2008

I arrived in Sudbury on February 21, 2008 and, while shopping around for a place to stay until I located a place to live, I was fortunate to stop at the Best Western Hotel in the Downtown area.
I not only found a pleasant and comfortable place to stay, I also encountered a staff that went above and beyond the call of duty to make me feel welcome. My experience at the hotel helped to convince me that this was indeed a city where I wished to stay.
As noted, the staff were great, the room was comfortable, and affordable, and the location worked very well for me.
The room was clean, comfortable and well maintained.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to family, friends, and to others I meet, as a place to stay.

Carol Wilson

• Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed July 3, 2008

Reservation and booking was a breeze but we were shocked when we pulled up to the hotel. No parking available, had to leave it on the side of the hotel but didn't really want to...Homeless Shelter nextdoor...lots of shady activity on the street. The lobby was impressive but our room was out of date and smelt musty. Basic breakfast. Hallways and elevator smelt very bad. Horrible mattress and paper thin pillows. Service was okay...no nearby restaurants or coffee places within walking distance...seems like it is in a really bad location. Would not stay again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights for our convention which was just down the street at the Sudbury arena. We needed early check in at noon and the staff gladly cooperated with us in this. The parking spaces were limited and the owner moved his own car for me to be able to have a spot. All the staff were friendly and helpful from the front desk clerk to the cleaning lady. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to anyone else who is in Sudbury's downtown area. We ate at the Indian restaurant for the buffet on Friday night and found the food excellent. Thank you for giving us outstanding service.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2008

After booking this hotel at the recommendation of a colleague, I was surprised to learn how low the rating was on Tripadvisor (compared to other Sudbury hotels). Wondering what I'd gotten into, I was pleasantly surprised by the functional but modern lobby right in the downtown core (you can't get any closer) to the main Sudbury office towers. Tim Horton's - about 3 mins away!

The room (double bed) wasn't huge, but comfortable and very clean. My room had Group of Seven prints on the wall. Excellent wireless internet speeds, and since i came with two computers, there was no problem in getting a second access code for the second PC. (Note: bring a small power bar, just in case) Free parking across the street from the hotel was included in the rate, and a continental breakfast (bagels, toast, juice, fruit, coffee, tea, cereals, and yes, hard-boiled eggs .)

The staff were extremely pleasant and accomodating, and when i mentioned my 'surprise' as to their rating, they asked if i would provide a review, so here's to keeping my word.

Main Sudbury attraction (Science Noth) is only a couple of km's away.

If you're a business traveller and ever stayed in a standard Delta Hotel room, this is pretty well comparable to what you can expect here.

• Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed May 22, 2008

I have been staying at this Best Western since the beginning of April 2008 and I cannot say enough good things about this Hotel.

I stay here 4 days out of the week on business and I find the Hotel Staff is friendly and gets to know your name, they respond to inquires in a very timely manner, the room is very clean and the bed is very comfortable. If you need anything the hotel staff goes out of their way to help you with your needs. As well, I find this hotel is within walking distance of everything that I need while I am here in town.

They even worry about you if you are a repeat client and you don't arrive at your normal time! They are genuinely concerned about you having a great stay at their hotel.

I would definately recommend this hotel to my friends and family if they want a hotel that has good value and a clean and comfortable room.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2008

I had a really fine stay at Best Western in Sudbury downtown. The hotel was clean, comfortable, quiet and perfectly situated for me (2 blocks from the Market Place that hosted a very successful Salon du Livre du Grand Sudbury that I went to visit). The cost was very reasonable. Am sending this to thank the staff who were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business