“A Friendly Place to Stay”

Lexington Hotel - Sudbury
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The management are very helpful ... the rooms are quite clean ... and the restaurant is terrific! It's a short walk or drive to the 'inner city' so the location is good. The mattresses are the best ever. The only downside was that I was unable to get internet service in my room.

Room Tip: I was on the lower level .. great for getting to and from my vehicle.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Wayne T, Manager at Lexington Hotel - Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the issue you had with the intermittent wi-fi, and would like to inform you that the problem has been fixed for future guests. I am very happy to see that you were completely satisfied with the rest of your stay and hope we are able to host you again very soon.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed at this Howard Johnson for one night while travelling through Sudbury. We had a room with a King sized bed which was very clean and comfortable. The original room that we received had a problem picking up the wifi signal. When I mentioned it to the staff, the manager Glen immediately showed up with a set of keys to another room. Now that is customer service. Thanks to the staff at Howard Johnson's for making our stay in Sudbury pleasurable.

Room Tip: If you have heavy or a lot of luggage you might want to request a bottom floor room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and that your issue was rectified promptly and properly. We thank you sincerely for your time and your business and look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Convenient location on the road from Upper Michigan to Toronto, near the highway with large comfortable rooms and very friendly, helpful front desk staff. Room on the end was too far for any WIFI reception. Had to walk up the hall to get a signal. A bit expensive for the location, but all we needed was a place to sleep on the road to Toronto and HJ provided that.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Wayne T, Guest Relations Manager at Lexington Hotel - Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to share your comments with us. I am glad you were warmly treated by the front desk staff, and I sincerely apologize you had an issue with the wifi during your recent stay.

I will certainly look into the issue that you experienced, and hope that we get another chance to serve you in the future. I hope the rest of your trip went off without a hitch, and once again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Beds were comfy and great and so was the size of the room. Room had a strange smell to it and bathroom way too small. Had a difficult time shutting the door Needs a bit of up keeping. Price of the room is too high

• Stayed: November 2012
Wayne T, Guest Relations Manager at Lexington Hotel - Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

We would like to first take the opportunity to thank you for your time. Without guests such as yourself taking time out of their busy schedule to provide us feedback, it makes meeting expectations much more difficult. Having said that, we apologize that you had an issue with your bedroom during your recent stay with us. We strive to make sure that each guest feels welcome and comfortable during their time with us. We hope that upcoming renovations will rectify your concerns and would welcome the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel once again.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

asking questions from internet to cab calling were met with mixed help and little interest.
it was noisy and disruptive at 1 am on a tuesday night.
impossible to walk anywhere from hotel, no sidewalks or restaurants in easy walking distance, and the hotel lounge isn't even always open, that said the only nice bit was complimentary drink in lounge and service there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Wayne T, Guest Relations Manager at Lexington Hotel - Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

We would like to first thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We value guests such as yourself sharing your thoughts as it allows us to improve upon problem areas. We apologize that your stay was not up to acceptable standards. We are glad you enjoyed the lounge, and we promises that should you stay with us in the future, we will endeavor to make your stay a memorable and enjoyable one.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed here on a recent trip to Sudbury. I found the hotel to be comfortable and it met all my needs. The food in the restaurant was tasty and offered very large portions. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The hotel was quite full that night, but my questions and my request for extra towels were met quickly and with a great big smile.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Wayne T, Director of Sales at Lexington Hotel - Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to hosting you on your future visits to the Sudbury area.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Okay, I have stayed in 17 hotels in the last six weeks alone. I travel a lot. I have Never written a negative review, I figure, we all make mistakes and have our "off" days. But this place begs for a negative review. To walk in the place you must walk through a minefield of cigarette butts, so many that they are stuck to the bottom of your shoes and thus the hallways are littered with Butts. the public areas are filthy and your skin crawls thinking about sleeping here. I tried to cancel my reservation at NOON and was not accommodated, the hotel is virtually empty tonight. To add misery to agony the town is much like the hotel, run down, dirty and shabby. Go someplace else.

Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Tom1948
Wayne T, Guest Relations Manager at Lexington Hotel - Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments regarding your stay at our establishment. I sincerely apologize that our hotel and our city did not meet your expectations. I understand that the cigarette butts from the wedding the night before were cleaned up that day, but you are correct, that is an issue that should have been rectified immediately. We strive to make all of our guests experiences a positive one, and I apologize that your experience was not up to par.