“Friendly Staff - Good Value”
Review of Chateau Guay Motel

Chateau Guay Motel
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Clean and roomy. Good value. Friendly staff. Did not get to try the restaurant as we were visiting various family members and therefore had dining plans elsewhere. Convenient location. Just minutes from city centre and other attractions. Would definitely stay again. It would have been nice to have some coffee / tea in the room.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We only stayed one night but we ate at the restaurant for dinner and breakfast. The breakfast was free - I'm not sure if that was due to our going through Booking.com or what. Very good food. The room was very clean and had all the amenities we enjoy, even an electric kettle. I've never seen in a room! The staff were lovely and since it was just a pass through not having to drive to find food was a real blessing. The bed we used was comfortable and it was a good stay

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Good value, clean but not fancy. There was a coffee maker in the room but no coffee. I liked the food at the restaurant but a couple of the people in our group had shrimp linguini and the shrimp was a bit rubbery, but my meal was great. There is also a little bar with a pool table just off the restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My Friends and I were doing one of our annual snowmobile trips and stayed for a night in this Motel. Its not the fanciest, but its clean, warm and comfy.
They have a little restaurant and bar where you can have great meals and some fun and drinks as well. I had a problem with my snowmobile and needed to head into town to get parts. To my surprise, the owner was very quick to offer her car for me to go get the things i needed. This was an amazing gesture. It was -25 C outside and snowing like crazy.

She treated us like we were family and didnt have any concerns.

I wanted to thank her with payment but she refused. The only payment she wanted was to have our business again in the future!

1000% we will stay there again on our next outing!

Thank you Chateau Guay for the hospitality! You dont get that too many times these days!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The room smelled musty and there were hairs in the sink the bed but I'm not too fussy. Other than that, it was decent. Nice sized flat screen tv on the wall too. I would stay here again if I was ever in the area

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed March 12, 2013

It was sled land with so many snowmobilers. I was there to do a show and did not book a room soon enough so I was stuck with a "smoking" room.
They kept it clean and it did not smell to bad.
It was as basic as it comes so thank goodness it was very cheep - $75 so I guess I can't complain to much.
The dining room cost 2 of us a total of $28 so find somewhere else to eat - the food was ok.

Room Tip: Get a non smoking room.