“Simple, Easy and Very Clean.”
Review of Canadiana Motel

Canadiana Motel
Canadiana Motel
Ranked #29 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed March 6, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed for two nights at Canadiana Motel. Here's what we thought...
I had read a review about the place being noisy, but luckily I didn't hear a peep the whole time we stayed.
They had free wireless internet, which worked perfectly everytime we needed it. (both of us have a laptop and an iPod). I can't live without internet.
The service was was good. We dealt with the same person the whole time, from booking to check-out, I thought that was she was really nice and sweet.
The rooms were very clean.
The bathroom was small, in our room at least (it was a single room).
The motel doesn't serve breakfast (I don't think motels usually do), but there's a Tim Hortons right across the street.
The location is pretty good if you're driving. It's close to alot of things and traffic in that area is not to bad.
The price was right ($160 for two nights, after tax) and no surprises on my credit card bill.
I would definately stay there again if I found myself back in sudbury. The whole thing was simple and easy.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank christinedallaire

Reviewed November 16, 2009

For $138 for 2 nights, one can't complain. But the owners of the motel also live there with their extended family and they obviously don't know the meaning of the word "quiet". While in the lobby asking for 2 pillows, you could here one man from there apartment talking so fast and so loud that the lady had to go and ask him to be quiet, which he did for about 10 seconds then away he went again. I explained to my wife that they were NOT fighting. It is just their ethnicity that causes them to be zealous in conversation. Yet, this is a motel I want for a quiet sleep, whether afternoon or night and they need to start caring about the customers or lose business. Otherwise, it's a clean motel. The bathroom was in very nice condition but there was no electrical outlet. If you're looking for budget rooms that are clean and close to the things you need, then this place is as good as the rest.
Also, we paid cash and when I asked for a receipt, she was taken aback as if I didn't trust her. And with all due respect, I don't. When I've used a credit card to reserve, and pay with cash, you're damn right I want a receipt or wjhat is stopping ANYONE from using my card to pay the room twice or whatever they choose.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business