“travelling”

Ranked #28 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Brooklyn, New York
“travelling”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I was with my all family and friends there several times. during 7 years we stayed in the same motel - Canadiana Motel. This motel as they have the best service and cozy rooms, staff are friendly and easygoing. so this motel is now as our summer house. rooms are clean, big and light. I was very recommend it to everyone. several malls around there and amazing water park. which is good for families with children.
Thank you for good service!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We stopped for one night in a single room on our way to southern ontario from Thunder Bay. After a 12 hour drive in snow covered roads with poor visibility we were exausted. After Being told we were given a "deal" of $65 a night we figured sure why not. Opening the room door was like stepping into a freezer. There are two heaters located in the room, one not working at all and the other barely works (heated only through hot water pipe running through it). We turned the "working" heater on full blast and left for dinner. After an hour we returned to a still near frozen room. After calling the front desk to mention this they sent someone up to take a look but he said it was working fine. To stay warm we leaned up against the heater until using our own blankets we had brought on our road trip to go to bed.

The place wasn't clean. The garbage bag in the room was used as it still had ashes in the bottom of the bag (we had a smoking room). Bathroom sink was in horrible shape and our bed sheets were not clean.

The only good thing about this room was the cable TV and Wifi. We will not be staying here again and would not recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank E G

Travelers are raving about these Sudbury hotels

Reviewed September 14, 2011

My non smoking room stunk like weed. The room was 84$ so I asked for a discount he said he already did the single rooms are normally 96$ a night. I told him I read a review that rooms were 70 or less. Then he said he'll give it to me for 70 plus tax ..which was 79 $. My take is these guys are out to screw you for terrible rooms!

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank Spankynuts
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2011

while my Gf and i stayed for one night on the way to Timmins we noticed that the staff were very nice and up front with us also they have wifi internet and Caable TV

we now stay there when we are driving through the city of Sudbury

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LOD_11
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 6, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed for two nights at Canadiana Motel. Here's what we thought...
I had read a review about the place being noisy, but luckily I didn't hear a peep the whole time we stayed.
They had free wireless internet, which worked perfectly everytime we needed it. (both of us have a laptop and an iPod). I can't live without internet.
The service was was good. We dealt with the same person the whole time, from booking to check-out, I thought that was she was really nice and sweet.
The rooms were very clean.
The bathroom was small, in our room at least (it was a single room).
The motel doesn't serve breakfast (I don't think motels usually do), but there's a Tim Hortons right across the street.
The location is pretty good if you're driving. It's close to alot of things and traffic in that area is not to bad.
The price was right ($160 for two nights, after tax) and no surprises on my credit card bill.
I would definately stay there again if I found myself back in sudbury. The whole thing was simple and easy.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank christinedallaire
New Liskeard, Canada
Reviewed November 16, 2009

For $138 for 2 nights, one can't complain. But the owners of the motel also live there with their extended family and they obviously don't know the meaning of the word "quiet". While in the lobby asking for 2 pillows, you could here one man from there apartment talking so fast and so loud that the lady had to go and ask him to be quiet, which he did for about 10 seconds then away he went again. I explained to my wife that they were NOT fighting. It is just their ethnicity that causes them to be zealous in conversation. Yet, this is a motel I want for a quiet sleep, whether afternoon or night and they need to start caring about the customers or lose business. Otherwise, it's a clean motel. The bathroom was in very nice condition but there was no electrical outlet. If you're looking for budget rooms that are clean and close to the things you need, then this place is as good as the rest.
Also, we paid cash and when I asked for a receipt, she was taken aback as if I didn't trust her. And with all due respect, I don't. When I've used a credit card to reserve, and pay with cash, you're damn right I want a receipt or wjhat is stopping ANYONE from using my card to pay the room twice or whatever they choose.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business