“Another reason to check tripadvisor before heading out!!”

Imperial Fireside Inn
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Sudbury
Canada
“Another reason to check tripadvisor before heading out!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

I needed a overnight hotel. Checked tripadvisor and this hotel came up 4th overall. Couldn't see why a 2.5 star would place #4. The Inn is located on Lorne, you can see the Big Nickel from the parking lot. We booked a double ($98 taxes in) over the phone with no trouble what so ever and a very nice "looking forward to seeing you and have a safe drive." The Inn from the outside is very clean and neatly kept. The Innkeeper was very friendly and informative about directions to where we needed to go. Offered us a upstairs or downstairs room. It's a 2 storey drive up Inn. We stayed on the main level (104-I believe). This is a older Inn -you won't find shiny sleek marble top countertops in the bathroom or flat screen TV's. It is not state of the art. What you will find is super clean, basic, comfortable rooms with full choice of cable and wifi internet (at no extra charge), clean soft, plush towels and a solid flow of hot water in your shower. Parking right at your door. Easy to get to. I'll stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Vacationhugger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

If you are looking for a clean, comfortable and affordable hotel room,located minutes from any of Sudbury's sites, this is it! The family, who owns and operates the hotel, is friendly, helpful and takes excellent care of their rooms. Little extras like a refrigerator, microwave, plush, non-commercial towels, feather duvets, ample storage space, bedside reading lamps and separate toilet and sink area, make this ideal for overnight or long-term stays. The hotel is located less than 10 minutes from Health Science North for those who have loved ones in hospital. Reduced hospital rates are also available. The microwave and refrigerator also make it possible to prepare simple meals and, thus, avoid expensive restaurant food. I will, definitely, stay here again when in Sudbury.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank rca49
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2011

This place has been around since I've been around, and I'm from Sudbury. I've never had the chance to stay at a Sudbury hotel since I've moved away--until now. I made my choice based on TripAd. And I have to admit, I was surprised that it was rated so high. I've seen this place on Lorne St since I was a kid, and thought it was just a run-of-the-mill strip motel.

Glad I stayed here. Clean and simple. And I mean really clean. Really really clean. I thought that being this inexpensive that there would be "compromises." Nope. A very comfortable, firm queen bed, a desk, a TV with drawers, a microwave, fridge, and complete bathroom. Free wifi. And the price cannot be beat.

What did I miss? There is no hair dryer or ironing board and iron. The towels are older, and the tub could use reglazing. It was a bit overheated and I couldn't control the heat (so I opened the window). But those are quibbles. This is no-frills without any compromises. Nice hosts too.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 102. I don't know what the others were like, but I imagine they were the same.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank AndrewTO
KITCHENER
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

We stayed 6 nights in mid October 2011 and found the host and hostess so accommidating.
They switched our room when we didn't want to do stairs. We had a fridge, micro and reading lamps above the beds. The price was very reasonable. They did their best to help us with every request. The room was clean and cleaned well every day. They care about their motel and it shows. Upgrades are obvious in the room even though the motel is older they work hard to keep it up. Good internet and parking. Comfortable beds. Friendly folks.
Wow.

Room Tip: lower floor has no stairs.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Fay T
Fenelon Falls Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

I have stayed in this motel 3 times now and have always been satisfied with the cleanliness and the value. The internet is an added bonus.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Sturgeon1
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

This is a family run motel, rooms are basic but very nice and clean. My boyfriend and I stayed one night here during the Thanksgiving long weekend, the staffs were so helpful and friendly. I saw the owner walking around the parking lot at night to see if there any strangers, I really appreciated that.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank juljul28
Binfield
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

The owners were very friendly but I had expected more from the hotel after I read the reviews here.
With Expedia it indicates it has a 'roof top terrace' - it does not.
The building has had many many licks of paint over the years which is fine if that is what you like, it seemed to be mainly occupied by construction workers - like the places that offer 'weekly rates'

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank n1kkie
imperial_01, Owner at Imperial Fireside Inn, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
First of all thanks for having time to write something as per your personal opinoin about our motel. We proud to own our property eventhough it is old referred to customer review and we keep trying our best to maintain our property neat and clean from inside to out. We have more than 89% are repeat customer business including among ie; Business class, Contractor, Workers, Travellers, Tourists, Universities, Hospitals and Social etc.

1, Our motel building has no paint because it is BRICK construction, and only original brick color.
2, We have our motel pictures (on expedia) showing it's all angles including top (roof) to bottom and room as well and same we have , there is no manipulation. We do have our priciples for doing our business with 100% honesty and intigrity forever.
3, We proud to keep a reputed (local and outside) company contractors (Manager, Foreman, Lineman, Operator) for their either long or short term project and they have their family too.

What we felt to clarify someone personal review as we have very well understanding that we have not 100% power to either justify or judge someone unless we have any practical experience.