“Good Price and Very Comfortable”

Homewood Suites Sudbury Ontario
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Sudbury
Auckland, New Zealand
“Good Price and Very Comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have stayed 8 nights during a business trip to Sudbury and could not have chosen a better hotel. The price is very good and it has free wi-fi, breakfast and a monday to thursday dinner included. The rooms are spacious with a comfotable king bed.

I have a problem with my credit card and I was promptly helped by the staff.
If I am back in Sudbury, is there I will stay again!

Room Tip: Choose the 1 Bed room on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
KristinaPardaens, Manager at Homewood Suites Sudbury Ontario, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Traveller_Brazlian,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. It is only through comments and suggestions from guests, such as yourself, that we can continue to improve. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Homewood Sudbury.

We look forward to having you stay with us again. If we can provide any additional information or assist with future reservations, do not hesitate to contact me.

kristina.pardaens@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I booked a one bedroom suite as a getaway for Valentines day. The room was as advertised. It was clean, comfortable and had all the amenities I expected. My only disappointment was that I had to leave the hotel to get something to eat. Other than that, I was quite satisfied with the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

KristinaPardaens, Manager at Homewood Suites Sudbury Ontario, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear David J,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. It is only through comments and suggestions from guests, such as yourself, that we can continue to improve. Our team is thrilled to hear that your room was clean and comfortable! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Homewood Sudbury!

ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

I really love the Homewood Chain and USUALLY prefer to stay with them, BUT the one in Sudbury is Terrible.
Upon arrival, at 3:30 in the afternoon, we were told that they did not have our room ready. I asked if they had ANY rooms ready, and the only one was a single king bed with pullout. (we had reserved 2 queens, as we were traveling as a family with small children.
We are allergic to feathers and the maid was to bring in some feather-free pillows. WELL! She did alright! The maid brought us two pillows that were so totally covered in hair it was unbelievable! Long hair, short hair, black hair, brown hair, you name it! I had watched her bring them from a room down the hall.
I brought the pillows to the front desk and the clerk was astounded.
She actually removed all charges for the night for me.
When I went back up to the room, the maids were in the hall talking about me in a very rude manner and then whispered "shhh here she comes".

In our bathroom there was more hair! Giant hairs in the sink, which I washed down the drain.
The coffee maker was in the dishwasher with a bunch of other dishes!!! AND to top off the kitchen, there was rice inside the basket of the coffee maker when I went to use it in the morning! Weird.

Our room when we entered it was 15 degrees C. FREEZING! It took forever for us to warm up, with the extremely loud heating system. I was up all night turning it on and off and on and off,,,it was either freezing, or too loud to sleep. AWFUL.
The water never got very warm for our showers in the morning either,,,not sure why that would be.

I asked the clerk at the front desk for directions to the pool, which she kindly gave me,,,but she failed to mention that the pool heater was broken.
My kids decided to use the pool anyway,,,and it was freezing. The adjoining bathroom was as cold as outside, being it was on an outside wall with no heat turned on. I can't believe the clerk let us go in there in February. Astounding.

SO,,the food. I usually like the food at the Homewoods. Free is great,,,NOT IN SUDBURY. The breakfast we tried to eat was DISGUSTING. The eggs were rubber, the hashbrown type things were starchy and cold, the sausages ,,,yuck. The staff was slow to replenish the bagels etc,,,which was the only thing people were eating. Everyone thought the food was terrible. Even the coffee was awful.

So, after being disrespected by the maids, and malinformed by the clerk, and having NO sleep at all, being freezing since we got there, and starving, we drove our girls to Hanmer for their swim meet. We were so happy to get out of the Homewood Sudbury.

Never Ever Again will we go there.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank spoiledcanadian
Dear spoiledcanadian,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing service and conditions of your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We have shared your comments with our team and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with comfort and cleanliness. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

Richmond Hill, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

It is always a good experience when staying at the Homewood Suites.

I was picked as the HHonor member of the day the night I checked in. So that added to the experience. Thank you! The room was very clean and welcoming. I had a few good night sleep in that king bed.

Internet has been improved since I last visited in September, it is high-speed like they advertised with no hiccup. The pool and the gym were both great facilities at the hotel. I enjoyed using them during my stay.
Their grocery service was great and delivered on the same day it was requested.

Will stay here again when I visit next. It is always fun when Leo is working.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Anacott
KristinaPardaens, Manager at Homewood Suites Sudbury Ontario, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Anacott,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. It is only through comments and suggestions from guests, such as yourself, that we can continue to improve. We are thrilled that you, once again, enjoyed your stay with us. It is also great that you noticed the upgrade to our high speed internet! We're happy to provide this complimentary service to all of our guests!

Norland, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

This a fine top class hotel that allows us to travel and stay with our dogs. Every one is warm and friendly. Parking is an ease. The internet work at a good speed and hook up was fast and easy. The pool area was clean and no shortage of towels. The food served for dinner and breakfast was prepared with care and respect. Plan to stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

KristinaPardaens, Manager at Homewood Suites Sudbury Ontario, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Don L,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. It is only through comments and suggestions from guests, such as yourself, that we can continue to improve. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Our hope is that every guest can leave the Homewood Sudbury feeling the same way you did!

Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

The suite was nice but the staff were not. No luggage cart upon check in. Also received a silly note from cleaning staff after they cleaned three dishes left in our sink. Upon arriving tt was -30 deg C and the staff did not think to turn the heat above 15 deg C. It took three hours to warm the room up (with two young kids at bedtime, is very inconvenient).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Carla O
KristinaPardaens, Manager at Homewood Suites Sudbury Ontario, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Carlo O

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and apologize your room temperature was uncomfortable upon arrival. We will be sure to correct this issue for future guests and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and satisfaction.

Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

I have stayed at Homewood Suites in Sudbury many times. Each time the room was clean and smelled fresh. Front desk staff is always helpful, happy, and very accommodating. The rooms are equipped with a full kitchen, everything you need is already there. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear CanadaCrash,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. It is only through comments and suggestions from guests, such as yourself, that we can continue to improve. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you continue to do so!