“Awesome again”

Homewood Suites Sudbury Ontario
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Staff,cleanliness,location,room size, meals are all 5 star. 2nd time I have stayed here, and as consistent as the 1st time! Well done to the staff and management.

• Stayed: July 2012
KristinaPardaens, Manager at Homewood Suites Sudbury Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Dear Garth B,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. It is only through comments and suggestions from guests, such as yourself, that we can continue to improve. We are so pleased that not only have your stays been great but that our service has been consistent! My team and I strive to make sure every stay receives the same high level of customer service that you would expect from a Hilton property. We look forward to having you stay with us again. If we can provide any additional information or assist with future reservations, do not hesitate to contact me.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites Sudbury Ontario

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I chose this hotel since it is conveniently located on the Southern edge of Sudbury right off of the main highway through the area. My stay was only for a night, but the quality of the room made me wish it was for longer.

The staff was incredibly polite and friendly. As I was checking in the woman made genuine small talk and gave many suggestions for activities around the area. Unfortunately I didn't have time to try any of them, but the thought was appreciated. The staff also pushes an invoice through the bottom of your door overnight so that you can review it in the morning before you go down to checkout which I haven't seen before and thought was a great idea. The woman who helped me checkout was also extremely friendly and courteous.

Breakfast was excellent. They serve a hot buffet that appears to change day to day. The morning that I was there they were serving scrambled eggs with chives, Canadian bacon, and home-fried tatters. There was also a good selection of fruits, breads, pastries, beverages, and so forth.

I was in one of their King Studio suites which must have been close to 600 sq. ft. It had a full-sized fridge, a small stove top, a dishwasher, sink, coffee maker, etc... Overkill for my needs, but a very comfortable room. The bed was great, bathroom was large as well with a huge shower. The AC unit did a great job cooling the room down and was controlled by a thermostat that you had full control over. I felt as comfortable there as I do in my home.

Also, the location is fantastic. No foot or vehicle traffic to disturb you, Canadian Tire store + gas station, Tim Horton's, and a bunch of restaurants were right across the road. I'd recommend checking out a place called Pluckers in that area, it was great.

All in all it was a great stay, I'd definitely come back if I'm in the area again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the side of the hotel facing Regent St. and it was perfectly quiet, so I don't think...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Dear Mr. Until_It_Sleeps

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. It is only through comments and suggestions from guests, such as yourself, that we can continue to improve. My team and I are so proud that you enjoyed your stay. We strive hard on a daily basis to make you feel at home and it looks like we succeeded. I am so glad you that you were able to take advantage of our amenities, like our buffet breakfast...next time I hope you get to try our French toast soufflé....it's to die for! We look forward to having you stay with us again. If we can provide any additional information or assist with future reservations, do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

We are going back for our third year to Homewood Suites in Sudbury. We are celebrating an early 7th Anniversary (July 9th) as we will be up for three days this week. We were engaged at Bell Park in March 2005. Now with three kids, we leave two at their grandparents so they can spend time with their cousins and we'll be taking our 15 month son with us. The staff was so great last year with our then 4 month old son. This year we'll be staying in a one room king suite which will be a first for us as we've always stayed in the just a king suite without the bedroom. The facilities are immaculately kept and the food has been delicious every time we come. The halls were chilly, but the rooms were perfect. Each room comes with a full fridge, microwave, stove, and dishwasher. It's fantastic! We were accommodated with an early check-in and late check-out last year. I can't say enough about Homewood Suites. This is the only one we've stayed in but we have told EVERYONE about looking for a Homewood Suites wherever they are travelling.

If you're ever in Sudbury, don't look anywhere else unless Homewood Suites is booked solid. You won't regret it!

Room Tip: No matter what room you choose you will be pleased.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Dear MistrTe,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your upcoming and past stays. It is only through comments and suggestions from guests, such as yourself, that we can continue to improve. We look forward to your arrival! Happy anniversary, we are honored that you have chosen to spend it with us. We promise to make it a memorable one! If we can provide any additional information or assist with future reservations, do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

Visiting Sudbury from Toronto for the first time. Was last minute plan for my husband birthday. Worried not knowing where to stay nor where to go. But thanks to tripadvisor app on phone, found a great hotel for a reasonable price. Loved the room, little kitchen and the washroom. It was clean and welcoming. The swimming pool was also great. The water temperature was good and clean ans also the clorine level was perfect. Will return for sure without a doubt. And would recommend anyone who has a second thought. Homewood, best hotel and # 1 in my list for sure.

Thank you, for a great experience.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank roshanie
KristinaPardaens, Manager at Homewood Suites Sudbury Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Dear Roshanie,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. It is only through comments and suggestions from guests, such as yourself, that we can continue to improve. I am so happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of all of the ammenities our hotel has to offer! My team and I pride ourselves on having clean, comfortable accommodations and I have passed on all of your kind words. We look forward to having you stay with us again. If we can provide any additional information or assist with future reservations, do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for making us #1 on your list, we are honoured!

Reviewed April 28, 2012

this place is great! you have a bedroom, a bathroom, a kitchen and a living room, 2 tv's, free breakfast for everyone, great value for your money here! highly recommend. if you are the one stuck sleeping in the living room on the pullout couch, take heed, your back will be very sore!

Room Tip: get a room with 2 beds at least as the pullout couch is terribly uncomfortable!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank crossbordergirl
KristinaPardaens, Manager at Homewood Suites Sudbury Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

Dear crossbordergirl,

Though it is true that I have never met a pull out sofa that I actually enjoyed it sounds to me as though there was something wrong with the one in your room. Obviously they are not know for their luxurious comfort but they certainly shouldn't be hurting you either. If you could let me know which room # you were in I can definately have my maintenance staff have a look at the sofa. I am so glad that you enjoyed our hot buffet breakfast and that you believe our hotel holds great value.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

We spent 3 nights at the Sudbury Homewood Suites. Rooms, ie. the suites, are obviously more spacious than the standard hotel room. The kitchen was fully equipped and came with a full size fridge. The hotel was very clean, and very well taken care of. The amenities were fine as well. The gym had updated equipment, and the pool was well maintained.
The breakfast, although, I have seen bigger or more vast ones at other Hamptons, was certainly more than adequate, and the eating area was actually quite spacious.
The staff are professional and very happy to welcome your stay with them. Would return, absolutely.

Room Tip: you may pay a few bucks more, but, if you have the opportunity, get a suite larger than you think yo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AdrianSly
KristinaPardaens, Manager at Homewood Suites Sudbury Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Dear AdrianSly,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. It is only through comments and suggestions from guests, such as yourself, that we can continue to improve. We pride ourselves on having a clean and well taken care of hotel and we are glad you enjoyed your stay! I have passed on your kind words to my staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again. If we can provide any additional information or assist with future reservations, do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

This was the first time that I stayed at the Homewood Suites in Sudbury though I have stayed in other Homewood Suites before.

I was disappointed to learn that there was no evening meal being served that evening even though it was a Monday. When I inquired why I was told that because it was a holiday (Easter Monday). However, almost everything else in Sudbury was open that day and I have stayed at other Homewood Suites on the Easter Monday and they have provided an evening meal. In speaking with other guests at they hotel I know that they were frustrated as well.

In addition, later when I asked for a daily newspaper I was told that there were none because of the holiday!

Compared to other Homewood Suites, I found the ways to be very thin and could hear the family in the room next doors. They weren't being aloud, but you could make hear them.

In comparison to other Homewood Suites this place was disappointing.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank John L
KristinaPardaens, Manager at Homewood Suites Sudbury Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Dear John L,

I would like to apologize that at the time of reservation you were not told that the Homewood Suites does not offer our Welcome Home Reception on holidays. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for letting me know that a newspaper was not available to you during your stay. Unfortunately, we have no control on whether the paper is delivered to our hotel or not on a holiday Monday but we were not informed by the National Post that service would be suspended that day, and I am looking further into the matter. At the Homewood Suites by Hilton Sudbury we are committed to ensuring that every night you spend with us is a comfortable night where our services and facilities meet and exceed your expectations.

I would like to discuss your stay with you in further detail. You can reach me anytime that is convenient for you at the following telephone number or email address. We hope that you will continue to choose the Homewood Suites by Hilton Sudbury for all your hotel needs.

705-523-3040