“Enjoyable Stay”

Hampton Inn Sudbury
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The hotel provides a wonderful complimentary breakfast that offers a variety of fruits, cereal, bread, and hot food that my family and I really enjoyed. My oldest enjoyed making waffles for breakfast. My children enjoyed swimming in the pool during our stay. The room was clean and I really like the fact that the hotel recycles.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Right off the highway, close drive to Science North and Dynamic Earth. Hotel was clean, staff were great, breakfast had plenty of variety. Our view was awful...a brick wall of an adjacent building but really that is the only complaint I have and it really did not detract from how happy we were with the hotel.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I was very pleased with this hotel as it more than met my expectations. Good location close to everything yet quiet at night. The complimentary breakfast was very good as well. I really enjoyed the free coffee 24/7 and found that I really liked the French vanilla crème. Will definitely stay there again the next time I an in town.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We decided to drive through Canada on our trip to Niagara Falls. Sudbury was our overnight stop. The hotel was easy to find and the staff was very friendly and helpful. They suggested a place for dinner and pointed out the nice boardwalk around Lake Ramsey for a late afternoon walk before dinner. Overall, very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was great the next morning.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was the most expensive stop we made in Canada, and initially it looked like a winner. The front desk was run by two young women with snappy uniforms and three-digit IQs. The breakfast area opening off the lobby was impressive, and everything was crisp and clean.

Then, in true Hilton style, they started taking it back.

The room was uncomfortably small. The towels were Motel 6 quality. And no premium cable channels? C'mon, it's a $150 a night room.

Frankly, at this point we were down to a 3. Then we went to breakfast the next morning, which raised it to a 4. Oh, yeah. Centerpiece was a tropical fruit salad, huge chunks of pineapple and melon, fresh mandarin sections, perfect start to slogging across the Trans-Canada.

Jeez, I wish that the Hilton organization could stop cheaping up on the towels, though.

Room Tip: Be aware that Sudbury apparently has several thousand yay-hoos who patrol the city at three AM on we...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is a lovely clean property with friendly staff. Included breakfast has become an important part of my hotel stays. Not sure how other formats compete. My room was quiet and everything was in perfect working order. I would stay again. My co-worker booked the Hilton across the parking lot and his room was beautiful he said, and his stay included an evening meal as well Monday to Thursday. I will check that out next time.

Room Tip: It might be worthwhile asking for a room at the rear, as the hotel is on a fairly busy road. My room...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were in Sudbury for business, we arrived at 1100 am and our room was ready, yay Hampton Inn!
The room was clean, pool was great since it was a heat wave and breakfasts were tasty.
There is a Swiss Chalet across the street as well as an East Side Mario's, we received a 10% discount for being Hampton Inn guests, normally we are not a fan of ESM but the food and service were great at this location.
Really enjoyed Science North, visiting the Big Nickle and the La Cortina lake cruise.