“Nice Place in Sudbury”

Hampton Inn Sudbury
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Nice clean place with comfortable beds and a nice work area.

I had no problems with the hard wired internet except the speed was about as fast as my 6 year old WI-FI network I have at my house. I did not try the WI-FI here because when there iare other business people in the house, the speed of most WI-FI networks slows down at around 6 PM or so as others start to log on.

I though the price was a little high for a Hampton Inn but except for the Homewood Suites next door, most of the reviews of the other hotels in town left something to desire so, you pay your price.

Even though the breakfast was standard Hampton Inn (All except the bake beans, a first for me to see it on breakfast buffet, black beans, pintos or refried beans, yes but Baked Beans, well I guess that is ok also.) the day they had scrambled eggs, the eggs were not over done as in most of the Hampton’s I had them in.

Yes, if I get to go to Sudbury again, I would stay there.

Room Tip: Up on a hill with a Hoomwood Suites next to it.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Sudbury

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Was here for the weekend. Excellent place to stay. Clean room, nice comfortable beds.
Pool was great. Morning complimentary breakfast was wonderful. Very friendly, accomodating staff. Thanks Hampton...Look forward to my next visit to Sudbury and would definitely stay with you again.

Room Tip: I don't think this location has a bad room! The hotel was full of sports teams...and we heard n...
1  Thank Donnad9

Dear Donnad9,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hampton Inn Sudbury with us and the Tripadvisor Community. It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we very much look forward to having you stay with us again when you are back in the Sudbury area.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Karen greeted us for a late check-in with a big smile and seemingly endless patience. She was equally kind every time i saw her over the next two days. Her attitude was typical of the staff at the Hampton. The hotel was lovely, clean, and quiet. Our room (516) was across the hall from the elevator and we couildn't hear it. Karen said we would have a lovely view of sunset from that room and she was right! The rooms have WiFi and hard wired internet access. It was always available and reliable. The flat screen TV has an easy-to-use remote. The king bed was comfortable and the queen pull-out sofa was, also, comfortable. The air conditioning and air circulation was great. My favorites: I loved the bed desk and the spacious room with large closet and huge bathroom. The bathroom had both a tub with shower attachments and separate shower. And there is enough shelf space to put your personal items up instead of leaving them on the counter. There is also a recycle bin, which was a nice surprise! If I had any suggestion to offer: the kitchen staff had a hard time keeping up with demand between 8-10a each day and needs either more servers or more prep. Not sure which. The breakfast was good though not enough healthy offerings. Too highly processed food and not enough whole grains and fruits. Coffee was good and plentiful and, if you miss out on your fruit at breakfast, the front desk has fruit all day. All in all, this was the best Hampton Inn I've ever visited and we look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: I would suggest the 4th floor above, even numbered rooms. Those rooms face west. The window fixtur...

Dear Tarri H,

I was very happy to read your review and it was wonderful to hear the fabulous feedback on Karen and the rest of the team at the Hampton Inn Sudbury. Our entire team do their very best to ensure that every guest has a great stay not only at the Hampton Inn, but also the city of Sudbury. Our housekeeping team will also be happy to know their hardwork was noticed and appreciated.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and the Tripadvisor Community.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Very clean throughout hotel, linens fresh smelling and pure white!
Excellent breakfast, really nice breakfast room.
Staff friendly and professional, all in all a great stay .

Dear 575suzanne575,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and the Tripadvisor Community. We take great pride in our clean and fresh Hampton bed and do our best to ensure you have a great stay with us. We appreciate the feedback on our team at the Hampton Inn Sudbury and will be sure to share it with them.
We hope we have the opportunity to have you stay with us again when you are back in the Sudbury area.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

I stayed here for one night on business and was impressed with the Hampton Inn. Although the hotel was jammed, it was completely silent in my room. All staff were friendly and the entire hotel was spotless. My jacuzzi suite was spacious and bright. The breakfast was good but nothing special -- typical free breakfast at a hotel. It wouldn't hurt if they got rid of the plastic plates & cutlery.

I'll definitely consider future stays at Hampton Inn properties.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear Jeremy C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the Tripadvisor community. It's only through the feedback that our guests provide that we truly know how we are doing.
I'm thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and do hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We had 2 suites for one night, a surprise for our mother, spa day, shopping and dinner. It was nice to have the suites to lounge. The kitchenette was useful for our snacks and bevies, and morning coffee is always nice in your own room. The rooms were clean and comfortable, nothing to complain about, (however some people will find anything to complain about). The staff went above and beyond and ensuring our comfort and moved mountains to accommodate our early check in.
Will stay again without a doubt.. this has become my preferred place to stay when in the Sudbury area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the people visiting Trip Advisor. All of our team at the Hampton Inn greatly appreciate your feedback and work to ensure that you are 100% satisfied with each stay.
We look forward to having you stay with us again when you are back in the Sudbury area.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Smelled like cigarette smoke and there were no other rooms available... quite unpleasant.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin A
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Dear Kevin.
Thank you for bringing to our attention the smoke smell in your room. We are a 100% non-smoking hotel and we take every effort to ensure that our rooms are fresh and clean for each guest checking in. It sounds like on this occassion, it was not up to our normal high standard. I would certainly like to speak to you about this personally and would welcome the opportunity to do so. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience by emailing me at peter.nykilchuk@hilton.com.
Thank you again for bringing this to our attention and we truly appreciate your patronage.