“Excellent place to stay in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada”

Hampton Inn Sudbury
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed April 27, 2012

The Hampton Inn in Sudbury is very clean, relaxing atmosphere, comfy beds and bedding, fairly spacious rooms, nice bathrooms with granite counter tops and large vanity's, desk area, free internet, great for business travellers and for students from Laurentian U needing a break!! no fridges in the rooms or microwaves though so bring a cooler! Free breakfast though and it's a really great variety for breakfast! Free coffee, tea and hot chocolate 24/7, that was a plus for me a biz traveller and my daughter who was studying for exams! Easy location to get to as it's right on hwy 69, Regent St. as they call it in Sudbury.

Room Tip: ask for a room with two queen beds, more spacious room same price really, higher floors have less no...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed April 22, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel at least a dozen times over the last 2 years & the service & rooms have been great. This hotel is only several years old is a good addition to this area. I stayed at another hotel over many years but there is no comparrison with the Hampton. This hotel has a nice indoor swimming pool & very modern exercise room. It offers a complete breakfast buffet with hot & cold foods & lots of fruit. The hotel is located in the south end of greater sudbury with easy access from the main highway system.. There is free coffee in the lobby on a 24 hour basis & usually fresh fruit at the check-in desk. On my next trip to sudbury, I will definitely stay here,. The staff are very friendly.

Room Tip: book well in advance of your trip, so you can get a room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
HamptonGM_10, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Dear Sam Jones:

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on the Hampton Inn by Hilton Sudbury. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate the feedback on our friendly staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you are back in the area.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

This property looks nice and clean. The room layout is very much Hampton style and the bathroom is slightly wider than others. There are 2 queen beds. It is close to the Science North and Big Nickel. The swimming pool is children size. There are not always people at the front desk and I have some security concern. The breakfast has 3 hot items, back beacon / sausage, potato / pancake and egg. Some food is overcooked, may be left over from the day before? The breakfast area is not big and can be filled quickly. On Easter Saturday, the food ran out for a while, may be due to unexpected number of guests and there is only 1 girl working at the breakfast area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
HamptonGM_10, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2012

Dear Edwin. Thank you for taking the tame to share your feedback on your recent stay with us and sharing your feedback on the cleanliness of the property. It is with feedback such as yours that we continue to work to improve to make you 100% satisfied every stay. I would welcome the opportunity to connect with you to talk about your experiences further. Please contact me at peter.nykilchuk@hilton.com at a time that is convenient to you.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Just stayed last weekend for 1 night only when a hockey tournament was in town. From the moment we entered the front door we were great with great smiles, friendly and professional service by the hotel staff at the front desk. Check in was easy and fast and we were up to our room within minutes of arriving.

Our 2 queen bed room was beautiful. Our beds looked so comfortable we were tempted to sneak under the covers and have an afternoon nap. The room and bathroom were spotless. Everything looked very new.

When we finally were able to relax in our room we found the beds extremely comfortable and loved all of the pillows. Great for someone with arthritis for propping up knees etc. did not need to bring the extra pillows in from the car. Picked up a complimentary coffee from the lobby and enjoyed it in bed. The lap desk on the bed came in handy for my laptop and my notes.

Hotel was extremely quiet all night, no rosy kids running up and down the halls, no slamming of doors etc. Complimentary hot breakfast was a pleasant surprise. Lots of selection-ham, home direst scrambled eggs, waffles and all sorts of cold "stuff" too. Fresh fruit selection was terrific. Kitchen staff was kept a close eye on things and were always busy replenishing all food stations.

Only complaint was the several inches of snow on my car in the morning for April Fool's day.

Overall the best hotel in Sudbury. Great location in the city- Swiss Chalet and Tim Horton's across the street. Will definitely return in the future. Brooklin visitor.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Dear Brooklin.

We greatly appreciate the wonderful feedback and compliments regarding your recen stay with us. I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your feedback with our team at the hotel as well. we look forward to having you stay with us again when you are back in the area.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I was quite pleased with the overall presentation of this hotel. Nice lobby, friendly staff, decent fitness centre and great free hot breakfast. Room was a good size and the sleep was comfortable. I though the carpet could have used a better vacumming and surprised the hair dryer had only one setting: low. Overall, good value and an enjoyable place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Dear Corona, thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our free "On the House" hot breakfast and our staff made you feel welcome. I'm sorry that we didn't quite meet your expectations in regards to the vacuuming and the hair dryer and would like to correct the situation for you. Please feel free to contact me at peter.nykilchuk@hilton.com so that we can connect at a time that is convenient to you.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

I stayed at the Hampton inn recently. I travel to Sudbury for work a couple of times a year and my office recommended the Hampton, apparently it is one of nices hotel righ now.
First, the location is not the best but it worked for me because it was close to the office where I was working otherwise it is not the best area in town.The rooms are nice but no amenities. They serve breakfast and it is good, decente coffee and choices of fruit, waffles and eggs and also they offer breakfast to go which I think is nice.
Unfortunately they don't have a restaurant but there are some options in a walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Dear Litzza, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. It is only through feedback such as yours that we can continue to improve. I'm glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy our free "On the House" hot breakfast. The free "On the Run" breakfast bags are a big help when you don't have the time to sit down for breakfast. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you are back in Sudbury.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

Actually one of the cleanest Hamptons I've been to. Staff was right on things, though the lot could have been better cared for during snow and ice season. There's quite a variety of restos nearby which helps recommend it. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business