“Good Food - Not the Best View”
Review of Bella Vita Cucina

Bella Vita Cucina
Ranked #7 of 358 Restaurants in Sudbury
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Food Was excellent and service was superb untill a large group showed up. Our server was run off here feet. Other Staff memebers did not seem to be in a big hurry to pick up the slack but eventually chipped in to help. Stuck in the corner with a view of the Kitchen, that table should be removed altogether. I will try this place again before I decide if it is a keeper or not.

1  Thank John W

Reviewed September 23, 2013

On a recent business trip stopped for dinner with my boss. The salad was fresh and tasty..the liguine cooked perfectly as were the vegetables in the sauce. Service was good nothing special. Would recommend for a lovely evening out.

1  Thank HikerMom58
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were in Sudbury for the night and wanted to try something different. I knew the area as I had relatives who lived on Kathleen. The restaurant is small and is completing renovations. The service was prompt, the food excellent. The pappardelle with lobster was outstanding as was the Valpolicella that I ordered. My wife ordered the cannelloni which was great. Our city has some great Italian restaurants, this would rate highly with them. We will come back.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

What a hidden gem. Unlikely to find next to the railway tracks in the Donavon. I had the pleasure of meeting Phillipo (owner/chef) at this restaurant and he treated us like family, the cuisine was simple, classic Italian fod at a fraction of the price you would pay in a different location. The serving staff could use a little more training, she seemed unknowladgable and nervous but friendly and tried very hard, might have been new. We went with antipasto and three different pastas. I love to see it when a simple classic menu is true to its origins but there is the added flare of the artistry of the individual chef. Finally a chef that uses seasoning whil cooking - someone truly educated in his art. My bill was a plesant surprise at nearly $20 less than a similar meal at a competing establishment but the same quality of food. Keep up whatever you're doing Phillipo it's working. If on business in Sudbury and staying in the downtown this is easy to get to and there is lots of parking, a short cab ride from the downtown, somewhere you can get a good meal at a reasonable price and be in and out in an hour. Please note to call and check for hours of operation, I attempted to go back for another visit on a Monday and it wasn't open, I might have been too early in the day though, sorry I missed out. Will try again on my next visit.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is an excellent restaurant hidden in a bit of a rough neighbourhood. Great menu with reasonable prices. Reservations are recommended, it is a small restaurant. I have eaten here several times and its always excellent. The service was good and the menu options should satisfy most people.