“Relaxation with quick access to all in Sudbury”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sudbury
Auberge-sur-lac B&B
Ranked #4 of 15 Sudbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 4, 2010

I was pleasantly surprised at the charm of this B&B. Swimming in Lake McFarlane was the perfect solution to a day in a stuffy gym at the Summer Games. As well as being able to sit and relax on the wonderfully spacious deck and chat with the other guests. The food was excellent - Was able to relax and if a yoga studio had been available here it would have been the perfect environment for it. thank you Carmel ... you are the best!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank a_blink_blonk
sudburyparadise, Owner at Auberge-sur-lac B&B, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2010

Funny, before we had the baby grand piano in our foyer with cathedral ceiling, it was our yoga room. Now we use the lower deck by the water. I am glad you enjoyed our B&B, the ambiance, the guests and the food.

Reviewed August 10, 2010

As soon as we saw our bedroom at Auberge-sur-lac, we knew that this was an ideal place for us to spend our first few moments together as newlyweds. From the serene music emanating from the bathroom to the chocolates and grapes on the night table, everything about our accomodation contributed to creating a romantic atmosphere that we won't soon forget. There were so many little touches and details that we didn't want to go to sleep just so we could see it all, even though we were completely worn out by a big lively wedding reception.

Anybody looking for a place to celebrate a romantic occasion will find everything they are looking for and more at Auberge-sur-lac. We'll probably be making another visit in the next few years just to better appreciate all the little things we didn't notice the first time around. This was my first stay at a bed and breakfast and I have nothing but praise to say.

*Pour tous les voyageurs francophones, Carmel parle très bien le français!*

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank potdo
sudburyparadise, Owner at Auberge-sur-lac B&B, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2010

After 12 years in business, I could not have described the experience at our B&B as well as you did. I am so happy that I succeeded in creating a romantic & serene atmosphere for your first night as newlyweds. Thank you for sharing :)
Et, oui, revenez revivre votre bel amour. On vous attend à bras ouverts.

Reviewed May 25, 2010

If you're looking for a home away from home, with no hustle and bustle then this is the place to be! My husband and I have never stayed at a B&B so didn't really know what to expect....once you got over the fact that you were in a strangers home, you found yourself at ease and couldn't help but soak in the invitting and calming feeling inside and out. We chose the Sunset Suite/Romantic evening package which was heavenly! (If we can provide a suggestion; a TV in the room would have been appreciated - for those of us who need a little more private space). Thank you Carmel and Tom for making our 24th wedding anniversary one to remember! It's a definite experience that we'd like to repeat.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AdventurousX2
sudburyparadise, Owner at Auberge-sur-lac B&B, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2010

It was a pleasure being part of your 24th wedding anniversary and an honour being your first B&B experience. At Auberge-sur-lac, and especially in our honeymoon suite, we want to create a relaxing and romantic ambiance. For this reason, there are no electronic devices such as telephone, computer and television in the suite; only a stereo for music. When guests requests the use of a television we offer them the common living room with entertainment center (big screen plasma t.v. with dvd player).

Reviewed November 16, 2009

As soon as we arrived at Auberge-sur-Lac, Carmel and Tom welcomed us with a glass of wine followed by a delightful supper. The rooms are well decorated and very comfortable. This was my second visit and definitely not the last.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank DavidMtl
sudburyparadise, owner at Auberge-sur-lac B&B, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2009

Dinners are an exception at our B&B but with great repeat guests, ''mi casa es tu casa''. Thank you for the compliments and the friendship. We shall see you on your return trip to "la belle province" :)

Reviewed November 4, 2009

I am surprised to be asked to contribute to a review.

My daughter and I were in Sudbury for the Provincial Championships in kayak / canoe. Sudbury and area is a wonderful and beautiful experience.

The same cannot be said for Auberge-sur-lac B&B.

In mid afternoon on the Saturday our plans changed so that we needed accomodation overnight to the Sunday. I made an arrangement at Auberge. Upon return to the Sudbury Canoe Club, I discovered we now had unexpected responsibilities with another athlete, such that we now needed accomodation for another person. Auberge did not have the extra necessary space to accomodate.

Within the hour I called back to Auberge to cancel our overnight. Carmel refused to cancel, and charged us 1/2 price even though we were unable to use the facility.

Sudbury is beautiful on the water. There are lots of choices. Find another place. I would not recommend Auberge. Do not waste your money !

Thanks.
An out of towner needing accomodation and gouged in the process.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
sudburyparadise, owner at Auberge-sur-lac B&B, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2009

I am sorry that this traveller felt he was treated unfairly but our booking policy requires a 50% non-refundable deposit. Many B&Bs require full payment (100%) upon reserving and offer no refund when cancelling. Some give a partial refund when cancelling more than 24 hours before the night reserved. Unfortunately for the traveller in question, we were fully booked that day and could not accommodate the unexpected third party.

Reviewed October 16, 2009

Carmen set the mood for my Bride and I, candles, rose pedals, it was perfect. The jacuzzi tub was incredible, the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. Breakfast was delicious. It was just an amazing night.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
sudburyparadise, owner at Auberge-sur-lac B&B, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2009

Thank you for the wonderful review. I am actually very honoured that Auberge-sur-lac B&B was your choice of accommodation for your honeymoon and that I had a chance to serve you for this momentus occasion. Hope to see you for your anniversaries to come.

Carmel

Reviewed September 30, 2009

Although my visit at Auberge sur Lac was already two years ago, I still recall those days with much pleasure. Apart of nicely decorated rooms and the friendly hosts, it is probably beautyful spot by the lake that caught me most. To sit on the veranda, gaze on the lake and into the sinking sun was simply great. I wish I could be back there now!

Richard Federlin
Munich - Germany

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
sudburyparadise, owner at Auberge-sur-lac B&B, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2009

We sincerely hope to host you again. We have had many of your fellow-countrymen, women and children spend weeks with us while touring parts of Canada.