“Best Fish and Chips”

Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Northbrook, Illinois
“Best Fish and Chips”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Yum. yum. The food is outstanding, the Guiness poured perfectly and entertainment on the weekend. Perfect for a bite before the Tom Patterson or The Festival Theater.

THey have the best fish and chips - the two piece portion is really huge. Plus you can order one half fries and one half salad at no additional cost!

Visited September 2013

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Great Bar!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Classic bar menu, and reasonably priced. Pretty hard to mess up good old fashioned pub grub, with some comfort foods mixed in.
the staff is (usually) very friendly, and attentive. However, on one occasion, my server was rude, ill mannered and made it very clear she had better things to be doing then taking my drink order. I havn't seen her since, so hopefully she was fired.

Ottawa
“great, quick pub food”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We needed quick lunch, and this was it. Fish & chips for 2 of us was plentiful and tasty. WOuld definitely go back for longer meal.

Amherstburg, Canada
“It was ok..nothing special.”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stopped in for lunch and sat out on the patio. I order the special, beef brisket sandwich with sweet potato fries and she had the quiche and salad. The sandwich certainly didn't lack for brisket, although found it a little greasy for my liking and already came with mustard spread over it, would have prefered to add it myself, and came with a generous amount of sweet potato fries, which were very good. She said her quiche, was more like a an omlette, there was no base to it and was tasteless, she had to ask for some hot sauce to add some flavour to it. The service was very good, the waitress friendly and always checking on us. I guess I expected a little more, after reading a number of the reviews. It was typical pub food, but I would give it a second chance next time I am in town.

• Visited August 2013
Forest Hills, New York
“Shakespeare's Falstaff would have been proud!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is the very first place I dine at whenever I come to Stratford and and the last one I visit before I leave. I fell in love with their Bangers and Mash, and I recently sampled their Wild Boar Chili Nachos (a guilty pleasure but well worth it). This is another of the Stratford restaurants with outdoor dining seating, and it's a great place to sit back, relax and enjoy your food. I grant it's not much to look at from the outside, but don't let that fool you.