“POOR SERVICE”

Raja Fine Indian Cuisine
Ranked #21 of 138 Restaurants in Stratford
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Stratford
“POOR SERVICE”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My partner and I where out on the town and we decided to go to Raja's for dinner. Our first experience was great, everything was perfect. Unfortunetly the second time was not so great. Service was HORRIBLE!!!!! I have to say that I will not be coming back.
One last thing.
Five different groups of people came in after we arrived and they all got served before us.

• Visited July 2013

Kitchener, Canada
“Very good meal at a reasonable price”
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by Raja after a matinee performance at the Avon theatre in Stratford. It was a beautiful day, so we opted to eat on the patio. The wait staff were attentive, but I wouldn't say they were overly friendly. I started with a veggie samosa, which was very tasty - but slightly more dough (casing) than I prefer. My entree was Chicken Tikki Masala - which was very well done... not overly spicy. The basmati rice and the garlic naan were well prepared & tasty too. Prices ranged from $10-$20 per entree, depending on what you were eating (veggie, chicken, seafood). The dessert menu had some very tempting options, but I was too full to make the attempt. Lots of great options for eating in Stratford, and Raja's didn't disappoint. Only downside was after dinner - I had a coffee & my friend wanted a chai tea -- was told it would take 10-15 mins to make one, so she had to pass on that.

New Hamburg, Canada
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We have recently been trying different Indian restaurants. Raja was the latest. Although the atmosphere and surroundings were by far superior to other Indian restaurants we have tried and the service was helpful, friendly and accommodating, and they have a kids menu.... my boyfriend found the food lacking. What he did like was how many sauces came with the papadum and he found the food mediocre considering the price is by far more than the other places we have tried thus far. I personally liked all the food... but I am a mild spice person... The spice was not very hot which, for some Indian food lovers like my boyfriend, would leave you disappointed. Would we return? We are not too sure at the moment.

Silver Spring, Maryland
“Great Food, Good Service”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I was thinking about a return trip to Raja almost as soon as I started planning my return visit to the Stratford Festival. Every meal I've eaten here has been excellent. Service is good and quick, making this a good choice for a pre-theater meal (Raja is very close to the Avon Theater). No problems reading a book discretely on my e-reader during lunch. If you're wearing jeans and tennies, no problems coming here during lunch, although most people were dressed more nicely (for theater).

Yonkers, New York
“Super indian food even in Stratford”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The restaurant has a great setup and location for pre theatre dining. The curries were as true as they get and the service was quick too. I heard the lunch is a great option but we only visited for dinner. If you like indian food, put this on your list while you visit Stratford.

Visited May 2013