“Amazing pizza!”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing pizza!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Food and drinks were very tasty! A little pricey but food was great. Nice atmosphere although I find it a little dark. Would definitely go again!

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Canada
“Awesome Pizza, but less-awesome service.”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I have been to the restaurant a few times and always enjoyed the food. Their choose your own topping pizza is delicious, as are their desserts and appetizers.

On this particular occasion (my birthday), we were seated at what I would call the least pleasant seat in the house--right in front of the kitchen, where the door swings open, it is noisy and you can see straight into the kitchen. I do not like to eat in this area, as it takes away from the atmosphere and makes for a less enjoyable dining experience.

My dad asked the maître d if she could move us (in a nice way, explaining that it was a special dinner) and she moved us, but was pretty grumpy about it--as if it was a personal offense that we wanted to sit in a quieter area. There were even several tables available in the nice, quiet room!

Our server was luckily very nice and we enjoyed everything that we ate. It was a bit weird that the maitre d kept shooting us grumpy looks, though.

Overall, great food, but watch out for the grumpy maitre d!

Kincardine, Canada
“Poor treatment from the Manager”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My husband & I have never eaten at Pazzo & never will, because of the horrible experience I just had with the manager. I have a few allergies, gluten being one of them, so I phoned a few days earlier and spoken to a women who worked there; she told me I could bring my own organic rice pasta and they would cook it for me and my husband could enjoy their menu. When I called back to make the reservation, I spoke to the manager about my allergies and the conversation I had with his employee. He sounded angry that one of his employees would give me special treatment and wanted me to tell him who it was. Of course, I didn't know her name. He was snide and confrontational about everything I said in answer to all of his questions. I was afraid to answer any of his questions part way into the conversation as he was so overbearing. I have never ever been treated like this in a business setting. I guess business must be good as he obviously doesn't care. Fran

5 Thank Fran M
Bancroft, Canada
“The Right Formula”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Six years ago we ate dinner in the upstairs restaurant and were not overly impressed with the food quality or menu choices. Two years ago we tried it again and, while the menu choices had improved somewhat, we were completely forgotten at a staff shift change and our order was dropped midway through (we were offered a look at the desert menu after just having our app plates cleared - we had ordered entrees). So, this year, on seeing the new menu and approach at the Taverna we opted to give it another try (for lunch, we weren't ready to go the full dinner route without trying the cheaper version first). However, I can say that we (4 of us) were all very much impressed with the meals that we had for our lunches and the attentiveness and knowledge of our wait staff who understood and were able to explain all menu items and willing stepped in to recommend wine pairings for our dishes. Lobster bisque, Warm Buttered Crab Crostini and House Made Burrata with funghi all'aceto balsamico were all exceptionally good. I have to say that the new Taverna formula certainly seems to be working and I wouldn't hesitate at all to go back and try the more extensive dinner menu the next time that we are in Stratford, in fact we'll look forward to it.

The atmosphere of the Taverna makes for a very pleasant dining experience. There are lots of windows that allow for nice views into a park-like setting and the table placement is such that you don't feel crowded in.

East Lansing, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We love everything about this place and have made it a regular stop on any visit to Stratford. The service is exceptional, the food is great, and the atmosphere is both elegant and casual.

Visited August 2013