“Madelyns gone Downhill”

Ranked #34 of 142 Restaurants in Stratford
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2012

breakfast use be awesome, past few months quality has deteriorated, eggs not done, toast not toasted just put in and popped out seems to have gone downhill in terms of food quality

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Based upon other reviews, we decided to go to Madelyn's for a good old-fashioned breakfast. The staff was great - friendly and very efficient but the food was terrible. My scrambled eggs were tough and flat and the sausage had been deep-fried within an inch of its life. My husband's eggs benedict had sauce from a mix and the home fries were also like deep-fried potatoes from a bag, not real potatoes. I do recommend the homemade butter tarts they sell there - delicious! I'm pretty sure a much better diner breakfast can be found elsewhere.

1  Thank Elizabeth H
Reviewed August 31, 2012

This is the place to go if you want a full tradtoonal breakfast! It is a popular diner for locals as well as travelers. The service is quick, friendly and the food is cooked the way you want it. The home fries are outstanding and my husband says the coffees is good. They do have various teas as well. Oh and if you get there at the right time the butter tarts might just be coming out of the oven. They are delicious so splurge!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We had a terrific lunch (both of us were delighted) and great service at this little gem. Very simply prepared and presented but the proof was in the taste-really good and fresh. Not greasy nor fishy at all. Good-sized portions of fish and reasonably priced, with cole slaw, soup and very friendly staff.
Simple but very satisfying if you love fish. If you are in a rush or have limited time, the service was prompt and accommodating, in spite of a good-sized lunch crowd.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I live to having a wonderful dining experience at night, but in the morning, I love a good diner. Madelyn's fits the bill perfectly. It's a slice of small town, yester-year, and the staff and clientele are charming.

The portions are often too much for me, but the breakfast menu is solid country fare. I always choose the local sausage for my side. Worth the visit!