“Fish and chips”

Madelyn's Diner
Ranked #37 of 134 Restaurants in Stratford
Cuisines: American, Diner, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Fish and chips”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Madelyn's is the quinetessential diner - great menu - excellent fish and chips and pie.

Visited March 2012

toronto
“Decent fish but barely any chips”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Ordered the fish and chips. The piece of fish was large and well cooked, but there were hardly any fries (esp. considering the price). Killer butter tarts, though.

Visited April 2012
“Very rude owner”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Asked waitress for fried potatoes, was told the owner said no. Asked to speak to owner who was very rude to me and my guest referring to him as "this one".

2 Thank Bloom1600
Stratford, Canada
“great family diner”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

When you need a break from the downtown restaurants and yearn for the down-home feel and quality, here's the diner to go to. Always a MUST whenever we're nearby.

Visited September 2011
Stratford, Canada
“Do Not Eat Here - Horrible!”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

This place has gone down big time - we had coupon for buy one fish and chip - get one free - I have more of these coupons however I have no intention of using them - the food is horrible.

The fries were not cooked through - the fish was so-so - the coleslaw was one of the worst I have ever tasted and then we had the nerve to order dessert - homemade!!!!!!

I ordered banana cream pie and my spouse coconut cream - well at least his was creamy even if the crust was not baked - white in colour - but mine - I left it - could not eat it - the banana cream was not cream - it was a hard square blob which you could hardly cut through - all one piece and rubbery would be the only word to describe it and no taste at all.

I will never return to this diner.

Even the waitress left something to be desired - no service for quite some time when her mom came in for a takeout order - more important to talk to her - I had to flag her down after a long time to ask from coffee refill and tea refill which she did reluctantly and when I complained about the food her reply was well better luck next time!!!!!!

I told her there would never be a next time.

We have alot of restaurants in Stratford and just about every one of them would be far superior to this place.

• Visited January 2012