“Old school decorating took me back to my childhood”
Review of Gene's Restaurant

Gene's Restaurant
Ranked #77 of 134 Restaurants in Stratford
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
London
“Old school decorating took me back to my childhood”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stumbled across Gene's restaurant while shopping the main drag in Stratford and popped in for some wonton soup. To say the restaurant was a time machine would be to sell it short as the old school red,black and gold decorating with fringed hanging Chinese lanterns and silk paintings took me back to my childhood. The menu followed suit with chop suey as a mainstay with all the luncheon specials. Ordered the wonton soup and spring rolls and was blown away by the quality of both. The wonton soup was hot and flavourful with crunchy bok choy throughout and the wontons were firm, not soggy and plentiful. We will definitely come back for a more complete meal the next time we're in town as it's always a treat to discover a hidden gem like Gene's.

• Visited January 2012

Rome, Italy
“Great Chinese”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

This restaurant does a booming take out business and will deliver to your hotel within half hour of ordering. Food is always good and always hot. Not much for atmosphere but great prices for good food.

Visited July 2011