“A Bit Hit & Miss... But Will Visit Again”
Review of Fellini's

Fellini's
Ranked #8 of 138 Restaurants in Stratford
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Voted Stratford's favourite Italian restaurant for last 20 years
Ontario, Canada
“A Bit Hit & Miss... But Will Visit Again”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I visited Fellini's recently midweek before a theatre performance. We had reserved several weeks before and were glad we did since it was very busy, and many people were turned away at the door during the hour and a half we were there. We were warmly welcomed and quickly seated at a table beside the front window - a lovely spot. Our server was excellent; she was very friendly, attentive and ... patient. I could not easily decide on what to order and our server needed to come back two times, but she never showed any frustration.
Our wine came quickly, as did the delicious olive bread which was accompanied by oil and vinegar, and butter, to whet our appetites. Our salads came soon after, but we had a considerable wait for our entrees. We did have lots of time before our show, and a wonderful table, so did not really mind the delay. Our side salads (a Caesar and a Garden Salad) were delicious and plentiful . The soup of the day (an onion and blue cheese pureed soup) was OK but not particularly memorable. More bread was offered but we declined, feeling quite sated already with the salad and bread. My husband's entree was the stuffed chicken breast with linguine in a lemon sauce. The chicken was excellent, as was the linguine; though not really lemony, the linguine was light and tasty. My meal was the beef short ribs and I'm sorry to say that I was very disappointed. The texture of the meat was quite stringy and chewy and the sauce seemed a bit off somehow. The accompanying vegetables (diced squash and perhaps turnip, along with roast potatoes) were tasty and generous but they were barely warm when my plate arrived. I really should have requested something else, but I didn't, thinking it would delay our stay too much longer. In retrospect, I realized I should have requested something quick like a pasta dish. We very much enjoyed the atmosphere of Fellini's and will likely visit again. But next time, besides remembering to reserve a table by the window, we should also remember to ask our server her suggestions of Fellini's most popular dishes.

• Visited October 2012

Stratford, Canada
“Good Italian food”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Nice warm atmosphere, great staff and good comfort food. This is our favourite family restaurant and my kids pick for any celebration.

Visited September 2012
Toronto, Canada
“It's where the locals eat !”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is the best Italian joint in town. And Stratford has several.

The dishes are done well but variety is a bit lacking.

Visited October 2012
Kitchener, Canada
“Just like we remembered”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We've come here for a special dinner about once a year, and have never been disappointed. We sat in the front window this time, and had another good experience. Started with artisan bread with oregano and shared an excellent grilled asparagus salad. I had the lasagna with Italian sausage and my wife had the basic spaghetti and meatballs. Both were very tasty, though we each had to take a bit home. We ended with coffee and the dessert special--pistachio sorbet. The service was quick and friendly. The menu hasn't changed much over the years, but we keep coming back.

• Visited September 2012
Winnipeg
“Bellissimo Italian”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

This restaurant has excellent, freshly prepared food. The marinara sauce is the best. Staff are friendly and efficient. Prices are average.

Visited August 2012