“Family restaurant with friendly staff”

Demetre's Family Eatery
Ranked #26 of 140 Restaurants in Stratford
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had breakfast at Demetre's. The servings were generous, with real home cooked potatoes! The pancakes, eggs and bacon were good. Our waitress was attentive to our requests and seemed genuinely happy to be serving her customers. We were a little surprised that they did not have a breakfast special at a lower price and that is what put it in the average rating, rather than good.

1  Thank Bytown

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a lovely family restaurant with food that tastes home cooked! It has charming décor and a relaxed feel. The prices are reasonable and they serve a variety of food, with many of the specialties being Greek cuisine. If you love Greek food this is the place to try! They are used to the theatre crowd and try to accommodate the time. A very pleasant dining experience!

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Here just after the lunch hour rush. Nice location, good food, ( the tomato soup tasted like home made, NOT out of the can) very reasonably priced. Service good.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The food here is wonderfully prepared and served well. There is something for everyone and the atmosphere is very comfortable and inviting.This place is in an excellent location just outside of town with plenty of parking right outside. (Not good for walkers from downtown.)

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Our dinner was subpar. The one positive I can say was our table was ready on time. We reserved a spot earlier in the day for a night at the theatre. We suspect most others at this venue were also out of town theatre patrons. Service was terrible and we felt sorry for the obviously harried waitress. We had the feeling she was overwhelmed and we were unsure if it was an unexpected staff shortage or the norm. We asked for more bread which never showed up as she simply forgot. This was the first time I ever had escargot were I could not taste garlic. I was asked if I wished regular or creamy dressing for my greek salad and responded regular. I received the creamy. The veal parmesan with spaghetti took 40 minutes to arrive and was just warm. I had the feeling it sat waiting for some time. We observed similar things happening at other tables. The tomato sauce was thick and rich like it just came out of a tomato paste can, not much else I can say. My wife would rate this one more star then I did but I would not go back for a dinner.

6  Thank B L