“Beautiful Ambiance”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Reservations
Blenheim ON
“Beautiful Ambiance”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

The setting for this restaurant is so beautiful. The original stained glass windows let in the light and the ceiling and organ pipes are all original. There is up and down seating and it is all very elegant. The food was very good but a little overpriced. We had the chicken and found it to be a bit dull, but the veggies were perfectly cooked. The pumpkin cheesecake for dessert was the best part!! We would return but choose our main course a little differently. All in all, a great place!

Visited October 2013
Church1-11, Owner at The Church Restaurant, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I will look into the preparation of the chicken dish. we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to stratford.

Erin, Canada
“Very nice atmosphere”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The change from church to fine dining restaurant is a great combination. Our table was at the back in an elevated section overlooking the central dining area. Service was excellent, the food was very good and priced accordingly.

Visited September 2013
Santa Fe
“Horrible Experience - Don't Waste Your Money”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I've been dining at the Church since it opened in the 1970, and it has progressively gown down hill since then. It has now reached rock bottom. We had Sunday brunch there - 4 people with no appetizers, 4 main courses, one dessert and 3 drinks cost over $400. I had waffles with fried chicken - more like chicken McNuggets. The packaged, frozen chicken nuggets were horrible and dry as was the waffle. When I asked for some syrup, the waitress acted as if I were insane. Aside from the undeserved attitude, service was fine, but the food was truly inedible.

Toronto, Canada
“Very average”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

A littile too pricey for an "ok" meal. We decided to have lunch before a matinee show and it was very disappointing. It was there in the 80's and it's still there today (2013)....but unfortunately, not much has changed.

There was a culinary festival in town, so I'm assuming the Chef was out...food was bland and everything was served warm, not hot.

I had the Tagine..a great vegetarian choice, but when I asked for harissa sauce or hot sauce, I got a blank look and was told that I could have the tobasco from the bar!

The service was very nice, the atmosphere great, the location amazing..if only the food could follow...

New Hamburg, Ontario, Canada
“Okay Food”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We went there with 16 people for lunch. I had the beef burger made from ground beef brisket and chuck beef with mushrooms and cheese curds. It came with French Fries but I asked for a salad instead. The hamburger was okay but nothing special but pricey. The mixed salad was good. My friends had the quiche made with leeks, gruyere cheese and bacon and said it was good. Some had the Pavlova fluffy meringue with fresh fruit for dessert which they enjoyed. The service was prompt and efficient. The atmosphere is great. Everything on the menu seemed pricey and I found the food not that outstanding and don't know if I would go again.