Majer's Motel
$117
Mercer Hotel(Stratford)(Great Value!)
$139
Forest Motel & Woodland Retreat(Stratford)(Great Value!)
$132
$125
Koch Haus Bed and Breakfast(Stratford)(Great Value!)
$86
Best Western Plus The Arden Park Hotel(Stratford)(Great Value!)
$141
$119
BestWestern.com
Stone Maiden Inn(Stratford)(Great Value!)
$132
Bentley's Inn(Stratford)(Great Value!)
$120
The Parlour Inn(Stratford)(Great Value!)
$140
$252
The Bruce Hotel(Stratford)
$302
All reviewsthe complimentary continental breakfaststratford festivalnice ownerspicnic tablesswimming poolnice pooloutskirts of townminute driverooms are cleanfree wifiwould stay againflat screen tvmini fridgedowntown areamuffinsloafplay
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We decided within only 3 days of our trip to Stratford to go. So as a result most accommodations in town were booked up. So Majers was one of the few hotels / motels still available and only a quick five minute drive to town. After looking at reviews here on tripadvisor we decided to go ahead and book our two motel rooms. I was hoping for a motel with a pool which they had.

The room was nicely decorated. We got the room for $100.00 a night for two nights. So with tax a it came to around $266.00. Coming from the United States, I was surprised to find out later that you no longer can get the tax refunded from the Canadian government. So that could be something to consider when booking in Canada as it does add quite a bit to the cost of staying there.

Our friend got a one bed in the room. His room had a flat screen tv but no DVD player.

This hotel is not a 5 star establishment so you can not expect the finest but I thought it was pretty good for what you pay. I got a room with two double beds that were comfortable. The room comes with a small refrigerator, tv with dvd player ( you could get several channels), chair and small table, desk with chair and small dresser to put clothes in. There was also a rack to hang clothes on if you wish and one stand for a suitcase. The bathroom has the pink and black tile of the 50's but you can tell they put one of those enclosure covering on top. They put a new bathroom counter in with look of marble. The concrete floor of the room is somewhat broken up under the carpet but it was fine to walk on. The windows can be opened to get fresh air but our room #14 the window facing the parking lot was broken and could not be locked. That could be a security problem.

The room has no phone but does have a hair dryer. The ice machine was located in the middle of the motel which is pretty convenient but we never needed it since we had the refrigerator to keep everything cold.

They do provide a light breakfast of muffins and croissants. Strawberry jam is available. Tea, coffee and orange juice is available also. But the croissants are very small they could fit in your the palm of your hand. Our friend found an egg shell in his muffin. So the breakfast is not very satisfying. I would suggest just stopping to get a orange juice and then eat at Mc Donalds down the street.

The grounds are well kept with flowers and bushes. The pool seems smaller in person then what you can tell from the photos but still big enough to enjoy. Unfortunately, it was too cool and rainy the weekend I was there to enjoy it. I did stick my foot in to test the water and it seemed quite cool. They say it is a heated pool but that seemed pretty cold to me. I did see them put a solar cover on it at night so they are trying to keep the water warm with that. There is a gazebo where you can sit and enjoy the outdoors as well as a few picnic tables on the grounds. There are plastic chairs outside the rooms as well if you wish to sit outside by your room.

While we were there a large group seemed to confiscate all the chairs by their rooms and sit out side late at night and then they were out there first thing in the morning talking. I know that was disturbing to our friend who had a room right next to them.

The rooms have an air conditioner which is good to use to cut down the outside noise. When I was outside I did smell manure once as there is farm land behind the motel. But I never smelled it again or in the room.

The owners seem very pleasant and friendly. Check in was fast and easy.

There are several restaurants near the motel both fast food and more sit down such as Kelseys, Crabby Joes and Demetre's Family Eatery. I found all of these adequate but not outstanding. We did try Boomers Gourmet Fries in town for lunch for hamburgers and Poutine. I enjoyed it never had poutine before. Please see reviews for these places on tripadvisor. For some reason none of the upscale restaurants in town seemed to appeal to me with their higher prices and menu.

Room Tip: I don't think I would want the first few rooms by the office as that could be noisy with people walking by maybe from room 7 and down.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The rooms look like they have just been decorated as the set for a snuff film. Ceiling bends down, as if about to cave in, wallpaper is peeling off, sheets are too small to adequately cover beds. The shower head is mounted at about five feet, so tall people have an interesting experience trying to wash their hair. And while you get only one door for one lock, when you're in the room, you're offered the security of looking the door in four different ways.

If I had paid half the price, this is what I would have expected, and as the room was clean enough, I would have even been satisfied. But if you charge me $130 a night, I expect a tad more.

2  Thank Oceans242
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I and my family have stayed here for the past eight years on our annual trip for the Stratford festival. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the owners friendly and helpful and the grounds are a delight. Beautiful garden. flowers and swimming pool. I can enthusiastically recommend this hostelry to anyone driving into town for several days and I look forward to my next visit in 2014! And yes there is free WiFi available in all the rooms. A great place to stay.

1  Thank 2,341,927
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Majer's Motel was a true find for us. The location is within a 5 minute drive of the theaters directly down Ontario street. The setting is peaceful and relaxing with a lovely pool. The room had a small fridge and the small dining area by the main office had self-serve juice, coffee, tea, croissants and muffins in the morning. The inn keeper was pleasant and helpful. I feel we got more than we expected for our money.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank SEB1048
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were looking for a place to stay during our visit to the Stratford Festival and found a gem! Majer's is a lovely, well-cared for property with large, clean rooms, full TV and wi-fi access and well-maintained outdoor areas, including a nice swimming pool and lounge area with plenty of chairs. The free continental breakfast on offer was an unexpected extra. The property is surrounded by lawn and trees and well back from the road. Restaurants and the theatres are within a few minutes' drive. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple