“Beer and chat”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stopped in for a beer and enjoyed the conversation with the charming young lady who owns the place with her husband. Though we didn't eat the menu looks great and we will go back.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

We felt like having pub food, this had good reviews and it looked nice from the outside. Somewhat disappointing when we stepped inside, but not too bad, I suppose. It took about 10 minutes before anyone came to take our order and at least that long before beer actually appeared. Then a further substantial wait to get food, which we had ordered at the same time. This was just after 6 pm on a Wednesday with the place no more than 1/3 full.

Food was a major disappointment. My mussels tasted old and chewy. I think I understand why they were on special for half price. The red sauce, which included bacon, was an interesting change from the usual, but I wouldn't order it again. My wife said her burger was the worst she's ever had. We prefer hamburger well done (not that anyone asked), but this was well, well, well beyond well done. Totally dried out and flavorless, with a leaf of last week's lettuce. She would have sent it back, but what was the point? Were they likely holding out on fresh ingredients? Besides, we had a show to get to and at Molly Bloom's pace we'd never make it. At least the fries were okay.

Even ordering a second beer was a hassle. We'd been seated by one person, order taken by another, brought by a third... everybody seemed to be wandering around aimlessly, not accomplishing much of anything. We did finally place the order. After 10 minutes the server returned to inform us the beer was just being poured. Don't you mean "brewed"? What Irish pub has ever been so slow to serve beer, especially when not very busy? And no prices listed with the beers, though they turned out fairly reasonable.

We won't be back.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

On a recent trip to Stratford we chose this restaurant for lunch. I'm glad we weren't in a hurry. The service was slow to come when we first sat down, slow to serve the food & when the food did come they brought the wrong thing for my mother-in-law. We then had to wait almost 20 minutes for them to fix the problem - by which time we had pretty much finished our lunch & she was just starting hers. The bill was also incorrect.

The plus side was the quality of the food - I had the double bacon BLT and it was delicious! My mother-in-law had the whistle dog which was also very good. French fries were hot & crisp. Prices were similar to other pubs in the area.

I would recommend the restaurant but only if you have the time to wait.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Good pub food and lots of beers & ales on tap. They give you a scratch off with each beer. Brother-in-law won a nice Carlsburg glass which my nephew will enjoy.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

While we were bopping around we stopped here feeling a bit peckish.
We went in a little after 7pm. They place had quite a few people there.
Once again like many places, the person who assisted us with the sitting location was a bit out of sorts. But, the waitress who servewd us funny, witty, and personable. The food was great !

1  Thank RickA639