“Good Comfort Food At Bentley's”

Bentleys Bar Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 142 Restaurants in Stratford
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bentley's is one of Stratford's most popular restaurants, and a frequently visited pub by both locals and visitors. If you're looking for a good pub, or restaurant in Stratford with great food and friendly atmosphere, you'll feel right at home at Bentley's.
Greenup, Kentucky
“Good Comfort Food At Bentley's”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

While on a visit to family in Toronto, we took a day-trip to Stratford on the Labour Day weekend. Many restaurants were closed for that Monday and Tuesday, but we found Bentley's open. I ordered a steak sandwich and salad, my wife got the mac and cheese, and my daughter got the shepherd's pie. We all agreed that our food was good. Service was fairly good, but after asking for a few minutes to review the menu about different three times, our waitress disappeared for a good while. Decent sports bar atmosphere, if that is your thing. High backed booths were nice. Like all things in Canada, the prices were high and the 13% sales taxes were aggravating.

• Visited September 2013

Stanwood, Michigan
“A pretty good bar menu”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was staying nearby while on a business trip and we decided to try Bentley's one evening. The food was average as was the service. I'd go back if I was in the area again, but I know what I'm in for, average all around, that's good though.

Belleville, Canada
“Good choice but slow”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Some surprising finds onthe menu, but the beer choices were great. Refills of our drinks were very slow. DO NOT go in here between 5 and 7:30 pm if you don't have to: the post-theatre- matinee crowd fill it around 5 and the people off for the 8pm show are also jostling for tables and bar service. We werent off to the tjeater, so we held out and by 7:45 were two of maybe a dozen patrons in the place (but that had no impact on the slowness with which our secomd beers arrived).

Forest Hills, New York
“Good food, good view ... relax and enjoy.”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Whenever I go to Stratford, Ontario and I want a pleasant outdoor dining experience, I always go to Bentley's. If you can get an outside table, this restaurant, located on the main thoroughfare of Ontario Street, is a pleasant place to relax while you're dining and just enjoy not only the well-cooked food but also the view of the street and the passersby. Their Caesar salads are excellent, and if you don't want a burger or a fancy entree I can definitely recommend their Garlic Cheese baguiette as a starter and the Elizabethan Chicken Cutlet or the Crispy Chicken Cutlet Burger as a main course. All in all, this is a good place to eat, relax and enjoy yourself.

Toronto, Canada
“Good service, quality food, nice time”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

If you want reasonable food at good prices (for Stratford), then Bentley's is a solid choice. Located on the main street, it is a reasonable jaunt to all theatres and shopping within the downtown core.

One half of Bentley's is a bar while the other is a sit-down restaurant. There is a lot of food choice, all of it reasonably priced and the service is quite quick. A lot of choice at the bar as well

Sit wherever you like: there isn't a host. This is one of the local hangouts for the younger crowd in the evenings/weekends, with live entertainment sometimes on weekends as well.

Parking is a tad of an issue as there is a municipal lot in the back. You may have to walk a tad to get there.

Will definitely go back next time I'm in Stratford.

• Visited May 2013