“A well deserved reputation!”
Review of Keystone Alley

Keystone Alley
Ranked #3 of 142 Restaurants in Stratford
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: For three decades The Keystone Alley Café has continually evolved, from its start as a small coffee shop into the popular casual fine dining restaurant that you see today. The Keystone Alley Cafe was named after the well-known Keystone Bakery located on these premises earlier. The 'alley' in the current name describes the area adjacent to the restaurant used for patio dining in the summer months. The Keystone Alley Cafe strives to provide a family style menu of fresh, bold flavoured foods, while supporting locally and sustainably. Over the years, many improvements have been made, including the addition of the "Key'd Inn", a spacious two bedroom suite rental situated above the restaurant.
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was our first visit to Stratford and Keystone Alley- which came highly recommended. I had the locally raised pork and my wife had the duck- both were excellent. The sides were inventive and complimented the main feature beautifully. For dessert I had the toffee cake with brown sugar ice cream and my wife ordered a lemon creme brulee- both were delicious. The service was excellent and our servers offered helpful suggestions whenever we had a question! We cannot say enough good about Siobhan or Chevon- not sure spelling?

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were six [three couples] and had a variety of dishes. The restaurant was a bit quiet so we had more than excellent service. The main courses were amazing - I had scallops in a wonderful white sauce. Decadent I know, but I used some bread to soak up the sauce after I finished the scallops.

There was a good selection of wine at close to reasonable prices [I like BYOB]. The desserts were elegant AND yummy.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Just praising a dessert is not enough for this very fine restaurant. Keystone has long been a must for us everytime we return to Stratford. Their thoughtful and inventive cuisine makes each visit a highlight. My mother loved the Pavlova and would have it every year after their calves liver. Not a liver person, I've found their other options always interesting. Their cold soups are also worth trying, but do save some room for dessert. The decadent truffle that comes with the check should not be missed.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We ate here last Saturday night, with another couple. My wife and I ordered the Steak Frites, a $24 dish, for which they charged $34, plus another $7 charge to share. The meat was tough, and covered with a bland green peppercorn sauce.

The fries were just OK. I had the sticky toffee pudding for dessert. OK, but not as tasty as the same dish which I had at the Mercer Hall Inn restaurant on the previous evening.

There are much better choices in stratford.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Keystone Alley Cafe offers excellent cuisine and a lovely ambiance. Paired with a friendly and knowledgeable wait staff, made for a very enjoyable dining experience.