My parents booked this place for me and my new husband as a wedding gift. It's probably, with no exaggeration, the best place I've ever stayed at on vacation. Amanda and John went out of their way time and time again to make us feel comfortable and welcome. Great things included:
- a congratulatory box of truffles in our room from Amanda and John upon arrival
- Amanda talking to us for a good 20 minutes about things we could do around Stratford
- Our room being made up by the time we'd finished breakfast
- John's amazing breakfasts, especially his croissants
- John letting us use his fridge the night we came back with a doggie bag
-Amanda and John fielding months of weekly emails and phone calls from my dad, who was calling to see if they could upgrade us to a bigger room (they were fully booked, shock of shocks)
Amanda was lovely and always seemed interested in finding out what her guests thought about plays, attractions and restaurants. I think she does this not only because she's a warm and lovely person but so that she can pass on recommendations to her future guests.
John was just as lovely and seemed to think that saying "Today's breakfast is a homemade granola with poached pears. These pears are the first of the season and I picked them up at the local farmer's market this morning. We then have croissants that I baked this morning. Then we have a homemade hashbrown bake topped with salmon. Which, by the way, I also made this morning." was a perfectly normal utterance.
The place is spotless, the locations is superb, and the hosts are amazing. What more can you ask for?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Stratford. Walking distance to all theatres, shops and restaurants. Four suites and two rooms - all king beds (convert to two twins in some cases). All rooms have en suite bath, free wifi, on-site parking. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Avery House B&B Stratford, Ontario