“A comfortable, friendly hotel in a great location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mercer Hall Inn

Mercer Hall Inn
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Stratford
Merrick, New York
“A comfortable, friendly hotel in a great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2009

This is the second year we have stayed in the Mercer Hall Inn. The location is fantastic - within walking distance of everything. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Your stay comes with a voucher for breakfast at Tango; the food is good, and it's convenient to be able to eat at the restaurant right downstairs. The rooms are comfortable and serviceable, and the cookies are great. The hotel also has free wireless internet, which is a great feature for those travelling with laptops.

It's a good value, at a great location. I know we will be staying there again when we return to Stratford.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Max D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2009

I am an avid traveller for both business and leisure. The Mercer is situated in the town centre. Free parking, clean rooms right down to the crab tree and evelynn body soap. Friendly staff and fantastic Tango style breakfast which is included in your stay. No "fake" eggs here folks paired with a skinny vanilla latte.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank pfl2
Ingersoll
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2009

I recently stayed at Mercer Hall Inn and was thrilled with my stay. The room had a very relaxing, calm, decor. The bed was so comfortable!! I loved all the small touches--the wine, and the books on the shelves. It made it all seem very homey. My friend and I had a wonderful dinner at Fellini's where the staff made us feel very welcome. I enjoyed the casual talk with the staff. We shared a few good laughs.I would definitely go back again! We had breakfast at Tango's and once again the staff was exceptionally friendly. It was very enjoyable.

It was the relaxing getaway that I very much needed.
Thanks for a great visit!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank dialves
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2009

From the first encounter of early check-in, to the romantic Red Room, to an entertaining breakfast - everything was perfect. This is simply a charming hotel with superb staff, excellent facilities and lots of 'extras' in the details. Our check-in and check-outs were wonderfully handled. Our room was excellent, the beds were amazing, the jacuzzi amazing, the fireplace comfy. We will return (again and again) for sure.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KCandSunshineBand
Cincinnati
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2009

Rooms clean and comfortable and very quite. Slept great! Cookies, apples, coffee and tea waiting my arrival in the room. Breakfast at Tango was GREAT. Would recommend any dish that has the potatoes, YUM! Location was very convenient to all restaurants and bars. Especially Let Them Eat Cake - delicious desserts!
- American Business Traveler

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelingEnza
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2009

I work in the sales department for a large hotel chain so I tend to shy away from smaller non-brand hotels. However, I was searching online in the Stratford area for a place to stay for a romantic Valentine's evening and I came accross the Mercer Hall Inn. After checking the reviews and photos I contacted the hotel directly and was impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff members. (Brian and Anne) I booked a Valentine's special package that included breakfast, dinner, a bottle of wine and a cheese/cracker and fruit tray. When we got to the room I was ecstatic - the room was beautiful (king bed, jacuzzi tub, fireplace) but it was all of the little touches that made the occassion even more special....from the collection of romantic CD's to the heart shaped cookies to the single red rose left on the bed. The Mercer Hall Inn is truly a hidden gem and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking to "get away from it all". We will definately visit again!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ontario-Beauty
Cambridge, ON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2009

Our trip to Stratford really was perfect - it was our first romantic getaway since our son was born a year ago. I honestly can say I couldnt have asked for more! The service was amazing - Brian is an awesome host and made us feel comfortable right away! We loved everything about the room, location and the food at Fellini's was some of the best we have ever tasted. Then again breakfast at Tango's in the morning was delish!! Eggs Benny for both of us - cooked perfectly!! (again probably the best I have ever had!!). We are already planning our next getaway - Mercer Hall Inn is a 10+ in every way!

• Liked — Friendly service and amazing food!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple