“Great European Boutique Feel”
Review of Mercer Hall Inn

Mercer Hall Inn
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Stratford
Reviewed September 5, 2008

Have have stay at Mercer Hall five times now over the past four years and continue to return whenever I can get a room. Aside from the perfect downtown location, I think it's unique and cosy rooms are a breathe of fresh air to the regular cookie-cutter rooms found all over North America. There is no elevator as the rooms are over the ground floor bistro, but climbing the stairs reminds me of similar Inn's Ive stayed at in Amsterdam and London. I enjoyed the breakfast ( included) as well as the cookies and other little touches found around the room. If my stays were longer, I;d even have time to read some of the books or listen to the CD's placed on the dressers. All in all, I've had five out of five good experiences here and will continue to make it my first choice for future Stratford visits.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 3, 2008

Stayed at the Mercer Inn Sep 1-3 2008. Was pleased to see that it looked exactly like the pictures on their website. We arrived on labour day, tired from a long train ride and just wanted to chill with a glass of wine. Found little bottles of wine in the room to buy for $13 each. We drank them and asked if we could purchase a bottle from the restaurant below. No problem, just added to our bill. Bottles range from $22-$29. Breakfast was included both mornings ($20 voucher for 2 ...not including gratuitiy) and we appreciated that we could eat anytime from 7:30 am 'til 11 and choose what we wanted from their breakfast menu (ranged from simple eggs and bacon to pancakes to eggs benny). The bed was uber comfortable and the jacuzzi tub was great. Upon arrival you are welcomed in your room by complimentary yummy cookies, apples and bottles of water (nice touch, I thought). There are books and cd's available in your room and they have a dvd library at check in that you can sign out. If there is nothing there that you would like to see, you can rent a movie from the rogers down the street. Mention that you are staying at the inn and you receive a 10% discount. If you are too busy or too lazy, reception will return the movies for you the next day.
All in all we really enjoyed our stay. Convenient location, quiet inn. The only thing that may bother some is the air conditioning is quite loud and the tv is rather small.
Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2008

We had a very lovely stay at Mercer Hall Inn in Stratford. right in the middle of downtown. It is a great location to all of the Shakespeare festival sites--very walkable. Stratford does not have a lot of chain hotels and when we visited there several years ago, bed and breakfasts were almost the only choice. There is no elevator which would be a deterent to people unable to walk stairs. The room was very large, with free wifi, a very comfortable king size bed, refrigerator. The bath was clean. We had a room on the main street which can be noisy, but the windows were well insulated and the a/c worked really well. Parking is free behind the hotel and it is a shlep if you have a lot of baggage. The management will send someone to help with your bags. The hotel is a bit qwerky. There is no check in desk, but a small room located in the front of Tango Restaurant. Tango restaurant is on the first floor and we were given a voucher for up to $20 each day for two for breakfast which was just fine. My only criticism is that they might take a bit more care in dusting. I do floor exercises and saw quite a bit of dust on the end tables! Make your reservations well in advance during the season.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed August 9, 2008

I have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Mercer Hall Inn. I would just like to warn people staying here that although the room was o.k. It is a very odd establishment. I read every review and was shocked to see every reviewer rating it 5*...I thought this place must be fabulous. Please let me enlighten you...

It is not a bad place to stay, however a few things to bear in mind:

If you are used to a regular hotel, with a lobby, reservation desk
etc. you will be surprised. You walk into a restaurant and there
you find a small opening that is where you check in..just odd, not
horrific

The room itself is clean and comfortable and the books and CDs
a nice touch. The cookies were yummy and we made
use of the water after all the walking we did

Breakfast is included and is ok. (the home fries are frozen
not homemade..disappointing to us but that's what makes
breakfast for my husband and I)

All is all ok. the only real complaint I would have is the bathroom
it was small and outdated..I wish housekeeping and washed the bath out and not just made the bed...but again just a personal thing.

This is not a bad choice as I have to say I think all of the accomodations in Stratford may be above restaurants..I'm not sure.

I am not recommending people stay at Mercer Hall or saying they
should stay away from it. Just a warning to those who are used to 4-5* accomodations in hotels.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank TorontoKaren
Reviewed June 15, 2008

My fiance and I just returned from a stay at the Mercer Hall Inn. The establishment is absolutely beautiful, the staff are great. The room was clean and very comfortable, lots of attention to detail. This a great place for someone like myself whom is tired of the regular, "Niagara Falls" trap. The town is also full of charm. We will be back in the fall.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2008

Went to Mercer Hall with my husband, sister and brother-in-law. Celebrating my sister and I's birthday, what a great way to celebrate. The rooms were absolutely beautiful and welcoming, with king size bed, huge jacuzzi tub, fireplace and cookies, fruit and ground coffee for the morning, doesn't get any better than that, can't forget to mention the great selection of CD's and reading material in the room, they really make it feel like home. Had lunch at Tango's and food for delicious, the service was fantastic and the staff was welcoming. I would recommend Mercer Hall to anyone visiting Stratford.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2008

We have stayed several times at Mercer Inn and each time we visit it just keeps getting better and better!
Ten reasons why we love Mercer Hall:
1. The beautiful decor of the rooms-all tastefully and beautifully designed.
2. The sense of romance when you walk in the room-the fireplace, the hot tub.
3. The added touches-cookies, drinks, music and books.
4. The friendly and accomodating management and staff.
5. The free breakfast offered in the morning.
6. The soft and comfortable bed.
7. The staff work quickly to satifsy your every need-towels, bathroom accessories etc.
8. The sense of being whisked away to another place in another time.
9. Its location-right in the center of a quaint city-with all its little shops and cafes.....
10.Free parking