All reviewsfestival theatreexcellent hotelfront desk staffpool and hot tubhotel restaurantwest wingking suitewithin walking distancelots of parkingclean hotelminute walkroom was largedining room isexcellent staybeds were very comfortableclose to downtownin town
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We've stayed here before and enjoyed it but had a few issues this time around. The room price is reasonable but beware they charge you for your first night as soon as you make a reservation. And if you cancel you have to forfit some of your money. Then in addition to the aprox $170 charged to our visa upon booking, another $270 was held on our visa when we checked in (we were only staying the 2 nights so they've aready taken more then what we had to pay after our stay...a little much I think). So we got in our room after the wrong directions from the front desk and going up the wrong elevator with all our luggage and 2 kids in tow. The room was nice and clean, however, I noticed one of the beds was slanted. After looking, saw that the mattress and boxspring were off on one side of the frame holding it in. My husband and I attempted to fix it but the boxspring was really stuck on the metal bars and since it's not our bed we called down and let them know what was wrong. They said someone whould be up so we waited.....and waited...... Since we were there to visit family we left after an hour and let them know at the desk that we were heading out and what the problem was and if they could get it fixed so we could sleep that would be great. So we got back after a long visit at about 9:30pm with our 2 kids, tired and ready for bed and it still wasn't fixed!! They knew there was an issue at 3pm! My husband went down to talk to them while I got the kids for bed and they informed him that maintence was gone for the day so we had to switch rooms. So 2 cranky kids now and several trips down the hall and we fianally got some rest. Now on the plus side our second night was much better in the new room. This is a nice hotel but I feel the situation with a broken bed should have been handled better and when it wasn't delt with an appoligy would have been nice. Would I stay here again.....maybe, but I will be looking for other options in stratford.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank canadianmamakim
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I didn't even get a chance to stay at the hotel ... just made a booking for one night to attend a wedding. The person taking my reservation said it was her first day. When I received my next visa bill I was shocked to see my entire room charge of $180 was charged to my card. I called to investigate and was told curtly by the woman who answered that I needed to hold. I stayed on hold for 5 minutes then hung up and phoned back, and explained why I was calling - that I thought they had mistakenly charged the full amount to my card when I really just wanted to book the room. She said "that's our policy". I said that wasn't explained to me at the time of booking, and asked what if I wanted to cancel, and she said "you can cancel but we keep $10". Completely unapolagetic and super-snarky. Needless to say, I cancelled, and will make other arrangements.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Karen B
Reviewed April 13, 2012

The Arden Park is located in the east end of the city on the main highway coming in. It is within easy walking distance to the main festival theatre. The rooms are spatious and not very expensive. The food is excellent in the dining room. On Easter Sunday they had 800 people for lunch and I have never heard a bad word about it. Some of the desk clerks are a bit rude but just ignore them and soom there will be a nice one there.

Room Tip: The suites are the best. There are 2 large rooms with a nice bar.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Denby155019
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We were at the Arden Park in October 2011. It is close to everything! The room was very spacious and well decorated.
Everything was clean and the bed was very comfortable. In spite of a large wedding we were not bothered by any noise. The staff was very courteous and helpful. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a king size bed and there was a sofa that likely made into a bed and the room was very spacious. We were on the fifth floor so there was no outside noises.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carol P
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We have been staying here once or twice a year since it opened. I can't remember when that was, but it wasn't 20 years ago as one reviewer suggested. We always stay in a suite which costs little more than a regular room. Unlike many hotels, when the Arden Park says "suite" they mean a real suite, not just a big room. So one or two extra guests can have their own room with a bed chesterfield, although there is just one bathroom - with jacuzzi and separate shower stall, in the suites at least . We often travel with a group of up to 10 people and therefore book up to four rooms and suites. There has been a refurbishment programme over the past two years and we appreciate that the traditional style of the rooms and suites has been continued.

Perhaps we have been lucky, but we haven't experienced any of the problems that have been reported in some of the recent reviews. We almost always travel in the shoulder season, i.e. May and October, so we pay rates which are very reasonable for the size and quality of the accommodations. The food in the dining room is good, if a bit basic, and prices for both the meals and wine are modest. The staff in the dining room have always been friendly. The front desk staff seem to lack warmth, but we have never experienced anything approaching rudeness. They have always been helpful in getting us into most if not all of our rooms/suites earlier than the guaranteed hour.

Most of the time we travel by train (by the way, there are no hotels near the station) and it is a five-minute taxi ride or 20-minute walk to this hotel. As others have said, it is also a 20-minute walk to downtown and there is a city bus as an alternative. We are considering one final visit at the end of this month, but their on-line booking system developed problems last week and as of yesterday the entire Website isn't working. I hope the phones work!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends