“All the world's a stage”
Review of Avon Theater

Avon Theater
Ranked #2 of 31 things to do in Stratford
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the heart of downtown at 99 Downie Street, this one-time vaudeville theatre has been rejuvenated but still retains its old world charm. The theatre offers special access seating on the orchestra level. This location has limited metered parking and Special Access spaces are located on George and Downie Streets. For Motor Coaches/Buses, please do not load/unload or park in front of the theatre. Loading zones are available on the north side of George Street.
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Came to see the Pirates of Penzance and was not disappointed. Great theatre. Appreciate that the washrooms are so well taken care of considering how busy it can be with all the performances taking place.

2  Thank lickety181748
There are newer reviews for Avon Theater

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Always enjoy performances by the company at the Avon Theatre. The vintage theatre coupled with modern facilities is a good mix

Stratford Festival always accommodating to special needs as well.

1  Thank allanmiller
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Avon is an old theatre which has been renovated and brought up to the elegance of an earlier century.
It's a perfect size for musicals such as Gilbert and Sullivan or the plays which the Stratford Festival Company presents there every summer.
Accoustics are superb and the acting, of course, is what you would expect from this world famous company: flawless.

1  Thank dog9breath
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Beautiful building, helpful attendants. When she discovered that we had not been there before, suggested we go upstairs for comfortable chairs. She was right! Lots of room as more attendees came.

3  Thank 1946HappyCamper
Reviewed September 29, 2012

When I stepped inside the theatre I gasped at how beautiful it was. It was like walking into an old style theatre in England, which is just how I imagined and hoped it would be.

But that is where I'm afraid the good stopped.

I sat down and my knees immediately banged into the seat in front of me. This theatre was not designed for those over six feet. If I was a foot shorter I wouldn't have seen the problem, much like the three teenagers who sat down the aisle from me, dangling their legs in front of them. Oh the envy I felt, as the hard plastic dug into the side of my leg.

For me it totally took away from the theatre experience, pain will do that too you.

Oh, and the old man who sat next to me, and fell asleep, and his head hit my shoulder. That was a little distracting too, but that part at least wasn't the theater's fault :)

1  Thank Mycroft009