“Great Shows!”

Tom Patterson Theatre
Ranked #7 of 31 things to do in Stratford
More attraction details
Owner description: Located right by banks of the Avon River at 111 Lakeside Drive, the Tom Patterson Theatre offers newly configured seating for the 2016 season, giving a theatre in the round experience. The theatre has special access seating located at aisle 6 just a feet away from the stage. Parking: The Queen Street lot (at Lakeside Dr) is just a short 10 minute walk from the Tom Patterson Theatre - $12 when reserved in advance, or $15 day of show if space is available. Limited free parking, including special access spots, is available on a first come first serve basis adjacent to the theatre and at the nearby Allman Arena. For Motor Coaches/Buses, please unload and park in the lot beside the theatre. Do not attempt to access the curved driveway in front of the theatre.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We saw Measure for Measure and Mary Stuart- both were terrific! Theatre is close to the action on stage- good views from all 3 sides- even the cheap seats. Easy walk from downtown.

1  Thank ScottandAlice2

Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is the least attractive of the theaters at Stratford from a physical standpoint. But some of the most amazing and compelling theater I've seen at Stratford have been staged here. It is like a basketball court with seating on three sides. But the directors and stage managers use the space in an incredible way.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

My favorite of the theaters, we saw Mary Stuart and Measure for Measure and it was wonderful, a great place for a more intimate show.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We saw Mary Stuart and Waiting For Godot here in August of 2013. I thought both were great, my wife was less fussy for Godot (it's an acquired taste, perhaps). The Tom Patterson is a great place for an intimate theatre experience; I'm not sure there's a bad seat in the house.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

About fifty years ago, Schiller's work, Mary Stuart, was in our school curriculum (I was in a German school). We had to read, analyze, describe in detail all the feelings and emotional surroundings of the many characters in this piece, for an entire school year in our literature class. That made me love literature. I can easily say I learned the art of reading through Schiller's Mary Stuart. Eventually, I choose engineering as my career (it was much easier for me to deal with 10 numbers than 26 letters) but never forgot the process of being submerged in the character while reading any worthwhile book.

I wanted to see this play to see how it compared to my interpretations of fifty years ago...

The play was wonderful. It took me back 426 years to Mary Stuarts last year on this earth, but also it took me back 50 years to remember vividly all my homework at the age of 12. Excellent acting, excellent delivery, excellent production, thank you.

1  Thank Jim O