“Intimate theatre”

Tom Patterson Theatre
Ranked #7 of 31 things to do in Stratford
More attraction details
Owner description: Located right by banks of the Avon River at 111 Lakeside Drive, the Tom Patterson Theatre offers newly configured seating for the 2016 season, giving a theatre in the round experience. The theatre has special access seating located at aisle 6 just a feet away from the stage. Parking: The Queen Street lot (at Lakeside Dr) is just a short 10 minute walk from the Tom Patterson Theatre - $12 when reserved in advance, or $15 day of show if space is available. Limited free parking, including special access spots, is available on a first come first serve basis adjacent to the theatre and at the nearby Allman Arena. For Motor Coaches/Buses, please unload and park in the lot beside the theatre. Do not attempt to access the curved driveway in front of the theatre.
Ottawa, Canada
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Intimate theatre”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We saw Mary Stuart and Waiting For Godot here in August of 2013. I thought both were great, my wife was less fussy for Godot (it's an acquired taste, perhaps). The Tom Patterson is a great place for an intimate theatre experience; I'm not sure there's a bad seat in the house.

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“fifty years after”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

About fifty years ago, Schiller's work, Mary Stuart, was in our school curriculum (I was in a German school). We had to read, analyze, describe in detail all the feelings and emotional surroundings of the many characters in this piece, for an entire school year in our literature class. That made me love literature. I can easily say I learned the art of reading through Schiller's Mary Stuart. Eventually, I choose engineering as my career (it was much easier for me to deal with 10 numbers than 26 letters) but never forgot the process of being submerged in the character while reading any worthwhile book.

I wanted to see this play to see how it compared to my interpretations of fifty years ago...

The play was wonderful. It took me back 426 years to Mary Stuarts last year on this earth, but also it took me back 50 years to remember vividly all my homework at the age of 12. Excellent acting, excellent delivery, excellent production, thank you.

1 Thank Jim O
St. Clair Shores, MI
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 187 helpful votes
“Great play. Uncomfortable seating.”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the play, Mary Stuart. Talented and accomplished cast brought out all the power and intrigue of the script. The play is three hours long, with intermission. Intimate seating to stage. But the seats themselves are not theater seats, so playgoers may become fatigued before the play concludes (we did).

California
108 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Excellent theater”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We say "Waiting for Godot" and "Mary Stuart" at the Tom Patterson this year. Both were beautifully done.

MI
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great Sheakspear stage”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We saw Cymbeline. I was unimpressed with outdoor look (like ice arena next door), but loved decorations inside.
Small bathrooms & tiny snack stand.

Visited October 2012